Old 09-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
Slide leaking help please

Hi folks,

I have a 2008 28A+ Cherokee. It has two slides, one for the bunks the other for the dinette and couch. With the trailer parked in my driveway and both slides out the larger slide is leaking. Its not a small leak either. The trailer is leveled front to back but side to side it is off a little, but not a lot. I can see the water dripping on the floor from the bottom of the slide closet to the inside. The rest of the floor under the slide is dry. I have checked all the seals on the outside and they look fine. The seal underneath the slide also looks ok. I'm running out of ideas. Any advice or suggestions?

aaronh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Make sure the trailer is not sitting so the slideout is uphill if its out of level side to side. Also, did you have the stabilizers down before running the slide out? Other then that, it could be out of alignment or a bad gasket.

Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
I know when I put the slide in, it does tilt to the back alot as it comes in then straightens out. It opens just fine, no biding or anything. Could this be an alignment issue? If so is that something I can fix myself, or a RV dealer only?

It does not seem right to me that the trailer has to be perfectly level. I do have two skylights but I don't see any water on the inside or on the walls. My best guess is a seal but they look just fine.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
my guess is it is the skylight check the top of the slide where the skylight are and check the seal there. this is just a guess but those skylight are trouble
2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
after you have found your leakage I would suggest to invest in a slide awning topper in case you dont have one. These awnings are a life saver in slides leakages and I would never go without one if you dont have one already installed.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #6

I don't have a slide awning topper. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
Thumbs up cherokee 28a+

I own a 06 28a+ and had the same issue until the dealer installed the slide out awnings. also have found it to be very touchy if not completly level especially side to side,if anything have the door side slightly higher than the back side of the trailer.doing these items have solved our water issues from the sliders.
eric b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
My 2011 Cherokee had a problem this year with the slide. It was the skylight seal causing the problem. Good thing it was under waranty, and they fixed it right away. I would check there first.
2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #9
we had what i think may be the same problem as what you are having we have an 06 30f cherrokee we noticed that the carpet would be wet after rains i looked at the roof,the seals , and everywere else i could think of then i read a posting on here that was exactly like ourproblem here goes go to your favorite auto parts store buy a can of spray on undercoating then lay on your back under the slide with a flashlite what i found was that water would drip down to the bottom of the slide snd saturate the lining on the bottom of the slide but onlt foe a couple to a few inches.also in that area near under ar even aroud this area is small areas of carpet that were absoubing moisture from the water that woul be on the liner it absorbed enough that it mildewed the trim board near the floor so once i found this i replaced the trim,cleaned thecarpet and flooring under the carpet sealed it with mildew resistent primer put on new trim lokkes great now the outside i removed the cover treated the slideout floor at the bottom reinstalled the covering i then masked the edge of the slide 2 inches up over the edge gave the painted surface of the slide a light scuff with a fine grit 3m scuff pad,blew off the dust and then allyed 4 nice even coats ou under cating on th outside and the undersie about 10 inches wide from front towards the inside edge of the slide paying extra close attension to the corner and the edges when done i unmasked the edge i created on the outside lookes great and it has remained dri for the last 5 years oh by the way i masked thr same area on the bedroom slide directly across from the big slide and sprayed a couple coats on it to .not because it leaked but because now both edges look the same since you can see both edges at the same time as there is only a few ft between the it was stricktly cosmetic so the actual fix woulnt look to out of place good luck and i hope this works as good for you as it has for me
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
Greetings: I have been searching this site for info on where to order the automotive type gasket seal for the living room slide for a '04 Wildcat. Anyone have any resources?

billywilly is offline   Reply With Quote