Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 10:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclary79 View Post
I am looking to do the same thing for the back smaller slide at this time. I do not want to go back with the "Darco". Anyone have a suggestion on any other way to seal the floor underneath?

Thanks!
Truck bed spray liner! Youroo!!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Truck bed spray liner! Youroo!!
Thanks youroo!

I do not have any experience in this field but I just wonder if the bed liner would rub off after a while since the floor is not a floating floor and it will glide along the white piece of "plastic" that is along the trailer floor edge.
bclary79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #23

Our 25 RL has no slide. We had problems with our last one, so we specifically shopped for one without. Kids are grown, so our needs are different.
Joey Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:39 PM   #24

First time posting here,but have been lurking for sometime.
Anyway I realize this is an older post but wanted to share some info that may save others some trouble.

I have a 28a+ and kept finding water in floor after rain storms..To make long story short my leak was from the "bottom up" .The sealant on the outside trim on slide had dried out leaving about 1/4 inch gap.

Water was running down exterior wall behind the trim and the vapor barrier was holding the water between itself and the floor and finally working its way under the slide until it found a low spot and ran out on camper floor.
The slide floor has heavy water stains but I think it will dry out and hopefully not rot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170302_185357143.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	131339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170225_140141271.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	131340  
2Bargos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #25

Replace the floor or repair the bad spot

Hi Guys! I have been reading the post on repairing the floor of my slide. I have a small place that need to be replace or repaired. Here is a picture of what I am working with any idea are welcome. 2013 Brookstone Ruby 340L
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	137805  
CurtFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bargos View Post
First time posting here,but have been lurking for sometime.
Anyway I realize this is an older post but wanted to share some info that may save others some trouble.

I have a 28a+ and kept finding water in floor after rain storms..To make long story short my leak was from the "bottom up" .The sealant on the outside trim on slide had dried out leaving about 1/4 inch gap.

Water was running down exterior wall behind the trim and the vapor barrier was holding the water between itself and the floor and finally working its way under the slide until it found a low spot and ran out on camper floor.
The slide floor has heavy water stains but I think it will dry out and hopefully not rot.
2Bargos - That is exactly what mine was like that caused all of the water leaking. I hope you are able to fix it. I had to replace the whole floor as the slide would not go in and out correctly. This was due to the wood floor breaking down between the carpet and the plastic from the underside of the slide.
What I did not do when I replaced the floor was look at the areas where the slide rides on the wall. I now need to put some sort of slickery stuff in there to make it slide better. I am thinking of adding some UHMW Polyethylene Plastic strips to the underside of the slide to make it slide in and out easier.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, slide, slide out