Old 05-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #1

Slide Out Leak AGAIN

We had another leak on the slide out in the same area. It poured rain on Friday night, and also poured in our trailer. It was leaking at two different spots. I dropped it off at the dealer on the way home this evening. I am glad I bought the second year warranty.

2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #2

May I ask just how is the water getting past he seals?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #3

Two questions. Is the slide fully out/in? Because the seals do nothing if the slide out is not fully in one position or the other. It should make an audible change in sound (lower sounding groan) then you can stop.

Second, are all of your seals intact and in place? My forward most seal was only slid down the slot half way and the rest got folded down in half so only the bottom was sealed. Found that during my PDI. They all should slide into a track along the top and sides.

If the dealer doesn't find anything, maybe one of those the culprit? (I would hope they could find a bent in half seal, but my dealer missed it, so it's possible...)
'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #4

The seals were fine, I even took a picture the next morning to show the dealer. He asked the same questions. The slide was fully out. The leak's are at the outside of the slide near the window.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #5

Big Dawg I know you and I both dealt with this last year and mine was coming in thru the skylite in the slide out. My dealer could not find any leak with running a garden hose over it, but that is not good because that moisture has to be damaging the wood I dont care what they say. I wish you luck withthis problem. My wife and I were not happy with our 28bh last year and we already traded it off this spring. I know these TT these days are not made with the best of quality now days because they are worried about quantity and not quality, but we were having to many problems with our grey wolf. Late last year our slide out started settling in the middle and scratching the floor up when sliding in and out. Was not pleased with the quality at all. I wish you the best of luck getting this figured out and keep an eye on your slide out so the floor doesn't get damaged.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #6

Thanks Hamblen, they are not even going to get to it til next Wednesday.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #7

Got a call today from the dealer, they found two leaks, and say it is fixed. I am to pick it up tomorrow. Do you think is it fair to talk to Forest River about extending the warranty on the slide out?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #8

I would with out a doubt. Before we got rid of ours the service department asked if we had a extended warranty, so what does that tell you. I feel that the leak is not just leak in, but it has to get behind walls. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #9

Got the TT back on Friday. They said the following was done, first they replaced the seal on the top of the slideout, and then where the slideout butts into the wall, it was not caulked. The two pieces of the rubber roof were just together without caulking them.

When I picked it up, they were so busy, I could not talk to them about the company info or who to contact from Forest River. Do any of you have a contact there I could get ahold of? Thanks....

Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg
Got the TT back on Friday. They said the following was done, first they replaced the seal on the top of the slideout, and then where the slideout butts into the wall, it was not caulked. The two pieces of the rubber roof were just together without caulking them.

When I picked it up, they were so busy, I could not talk to them about the company info or who to contact from Forest River. Do any of you have a contact there I could get ahold of? Thanks....
I contacted Pat Stratton 574-534 3167 when I had warranty issues with Forest River Wildwood. I believe he is the one you need.