Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #1

Slide out not fully extending

I have a Cherokee 294bh w/ 2 slides, I believe the slide is a lippert hydraulic through frame slide out (please correct me if I'm wrong).

When Press the switch to extend the slide, it goes out maybe a foot or two then starts to slow down then completely stops. however the bunkhouse slide continues to extend fully no problems. The slide is close enough that I can hold down the rocker switch with my left hand and kind of give it a gentle nudge with my right hand to get moving again. It will then fully extend. And fully retract with no problems. But when I try to extend it again it does the same exact thing in the same exact spot. I have tried this numerous times. Also the affected slide seems to be dragging across the linoleum and it's beginning to create wear marks on the floor. Not sure if this is related.

I have checked The hydraulic fluid and topped it off to the fill line about a half inch from the top according to my manual.
My RV battery is brand-new and fully charged. I am also plugged into shore power during these attempts.
The camper is also level side to side, I even tried putting slide side slightly up and then slide side slightly down. Still gets stuck.

The camper is still under warranty but my wife and I are still pretty bummed out about this whole situation we have only owned this for a few months. And all of this kind of started after our first trip. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Old 05-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #2

I too own a 294BH. I have not had a problem with my slides in the year I've owned it. I'm curious as to what everyone says, should this happen to me in the future.

2017 Cherokee 294BH
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8 Crew Cab
Moparman1230 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out