Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #1

Slide out problem 2013 grey wolf!

Just bought 2013 grey wolf. Had I camping 1 time, slide out has been out no more than six times. It is sliding with one side going out quicker than the other, then the slower side won't go all the way out, and the worst part is it tore the lanolium flooring? So frustrating! Calling the dealer tomorrow. Anyone have the same problem, or any idea if the dealer will replace the lanolium?
Lingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #2

I haven't had that problem, but the dealer will (should) adjust the slide and repair the flooring.
just be calm, but clear with your expectations.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about this. Not a nice thing for anyone, but especially annoying to have something like this when the trailer is new.

If your trailer has a Lippert electrical slideout, then you have a passive and an active slide tube. I would imagine that these need to be synchronized and can be done at the dealership. There may be other reasons why this happened and they should check the other adjustments while they are at it.

As for the linoleum, this is definitely something your warranty will cover.

Good advice above to take it calm and explain clearly to your dealer.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #4

Guess I came off a little more upset than I really am. I tried to call my dealer and couldn't get a hold of anyone who could help me today. I will call back Monday, and I will get some answers then. I am pretty calm, but I may not be if I continue to be pushed off.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #5

Got a hold of the dealer today, sent them pics, they sent to Forest River. The warranty claim has been approved, looks like the slide out will be fixed and the linoleum replaced! Makes me feel good about the dealer and manufacturing company of our first travel trailer! Thanks to Smith Trailer sales in Monroe IN, and thanks to Forest River for standing behind their product!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice to hear when it works out. Let us know how it goes.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #7

So how long does it take to get warranty work done? I have been waiting since July 23 (almost 1 month) to get this warranty work done. Everytime i call the dealer, they say the linoleum is in stock and on order, however, it seems that they can't get it from Elkhart Indiana to Monroe Indiana in a month? Now, I have a deadbolt lock that is broke? Called the dealer yesterday and no answer, left a stern message and told them I wanted an update today (the dealer has not called me once). SO FRUSTRATING!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #8

We have a 2012 29BH Grey Wolf and have had the same problem with the slide. One side works fine byt the other side will not budge. The dealer drove the 40km to our house and took 3 guys 2 hours to close. In the process the damaged the aluminum siding. Supposedly by disconnecting the power to the slide motor you can manually push it in...not so. It was at the dealer all of June and July. When we got it back, they had damaged more of the siding, cracked the panneling on the TV unit and had poor craftsmanship whem reassembling the slide unit. On top of it, for some unexplained reason they tell me that my Interstate deep cycle battery is not keeping its charge. It was fine when they picked it up to fix the slide two months ago. Very frustrating
legauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #9

linoleum came in yesterday, I called them and it came in yesterday afternoon. They are replacing the lock also. Can't get to it this week, and I have plans for it next week, so it will be after Labor Day weekend.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by legauly View Post
On top of it, for some unexplained reason they tell me that my Interstate deep cycle battery is not keeping its charge. It was fine when they picked it up to fix the slide two months ago. Very frustrating
I think the "explanation" the dealer doesn't want to admit to is that they let the camper sit without disconnecting the battery. If not disconnected, the parasitic drains in the camper along with the natural self-discharge with any battery will have discharged that battery to dead.

This will not take long depending on the size of your deep-cycle Interstate. I think they screwed up.
Attached Images

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #11

Well it's 9/27/12 more than 2 months since this problem occurred... supposedly it is suppose to be done today. I have received many excuses from the dealer, and I have been very disappointed with the service, however, it should finally be complete today, but I'm not holding my breath? I am new to TT ownership, is this normal?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #12

I have a 29bh as well and funny I has same problems with the slide and the lock. I replacement the lock myself with one of those rvlocks electronic locks, better plus more secure keys. On my slide, the misalignment tore up the plastic sheeting under the slide as one side was higher than the other. The dealer raise both sides and added lock washers to the bolts that hold the height adjustment. My slide was dragging on one side of the vinyl floor but luckily never tore it. Unfortunately, all this happen to me out of warranty. I have read in this forum plenty stories about grey wolfs torn floors due misaligned slides.
jleon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #13

I am OK with their being a problem, I understand they don't all come out perfect. It's just the 2 months and continued excuses, and lack of updates unless I call them, they even had me call the warranty department with FR to get a tracking number after the part didn't arrive when they thought it should? I was happy with the purchasing process, but the service has been a nightmare!