Old 10-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #1

Slide out sticking

Anyone else having issues with their Slide out sticking on one side causing it to only slide out on one end? We have a 2011 Cherokee 26RL travel trailer and the service center can't figure it out. The rubber pieces the factory thought was the issue isn't causing it and the motor is fine. They think it's the teeth, but there's no adjustments there. We really just want our money back. It's been in the shop more than we've been albe to use it.

I've contacted the Better Business Bureau this evening in hopes to get somewhere.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #2

Do you have the "LIPPERT ABOVE FLOOR SLIDEOUT SYSTEM"

www.lippertrepairparts.com/pdf/Above%20Floor%20Sofa%20Slide-Web.pdf

If so, I'll relate my experience, and subsequent fix, with this system. Your symptoms are just like mine were a couple of days before the system failed completely.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #3

I am not sure. I just know that there are 2 tracks on both sides and they figure the lower track on the front side is sticking
Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #4

Give your dealer a call and ask what the name and system is of the slide on your 2011 Cherokee 26RL
Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #5

What advise do you have if it is that system so If i call him tomorrow he can look at it hes got the camper now

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Thanks
Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #6

Do you have any advise you can give us. If it is the dealer has it now and if i could call him an let him know what to look for that would be great. He is not sure what is going on.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #7

I need to know the name of the system (of which there are many) before I can speculate on your issue.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #8

BINGO ! ! I bought a 30 ft. '05 Grand Surveyor last spring from the original owner. They told me that there had always been a problem with the slide, the front end would always start to go out then the back end would "jump" incrementally and would catch up. I laid on the driveway under the slide and had my son operate it. The bottom of the slide is covered with a type of material which looks like roughly woven meshing, then rubber coated. There are two (2) sets of rollers which this is supposed to ride on as the slide opens and closes. And--YES--it is the "Lippert" above floor type system. The back roller had locked up, rubbing a long tear in the rubber coated material, and eventually into the wooden flooring. Therefore: NO rolling of the unit as it went in/out, just gouging into the wood. I removed the damaged material, filled in the gouged out wood with some "wood bondo" material, and sanded this smooth. I removed both roller/leveling units to make sure they were free rolling and adjustable, then put them back in. I cut some 18 ga. sheet metal, app. 10" wide x 20" lg., to put where the rollers had been rolling (?) under the slide securing these with rd. hd. wood screws so the rollers would not hit the screws. After adjusting everything back into position, this unit moves nicely. I cannot understand how the manufacturer's think that these rollers would move on this rubber coated material. Hope this helps someone.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #9

Fixed and ready to roll

Good fix Thurman! And thanks for the retro/repair post.

My issue was resolved by re-attaching the slide motor to the frame...Yep, someone at the factory forgot to torque the two bolts that secure the motor to the frame. Result of loose motor was the eventual shearing of both drive shaft (nut and bolt) pins.