Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #1

Slideout leaking

I have a 2006 Forest River Cherokee 5ver, 285B+. I have had a leak on the very outer rear corner of my dinette/couch slide. I pull the drawer under the back dinette seat and the carpet is wet just in the corner. I have sealed the window on the side and rear of the slideout. Took it to a camper store and they did a pressure leak test. They said that they could not find a leak. They did say my slideout side and top wiper seal would leak when the sprayed water directly at them. I would expect that with the water pressure they are spraying out of a hose. But I have looked at the slide wipers and there is NO way it is leaking from a rain and running 3 1/2 feet to the outside corner of the slide, and no carpet from the inside of the slide is wet till you get to the corner. It has been raining alot here in Indiana. I do have 2 skylights ontop the slide but they arent leaking, I checked. I did put the slide in tonight and put a fan on the wet spot to see if it leaks while being put in from the rain overnight or if its dry in the am. Does anyone have any clues?? Thx Eddie
ndawoods25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #2

So the leak is on the outside corner of the slide? Not on the wall with the seals? Is it just the floor getting wet?
mote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

without tearing out the wall all I can see is the corner and a little frame work for the dinette against the wall getting wet at the corner. I cant find anything there or above that is leaking. The wall paper isnt coming off or ever remotely looking wet. Carpet just in the corner and a little along the slide wall still touching the corner. I resealed the window and its just the corner only.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #4

I've read on some other forums of people having water running down the sides of the slides and then as it reaches the bottom it will "wick" under the slide and work it's way back up thru the floor if wood or fasterners are exposed. Some have put a "tee" shaped trim piece along the bottom of the slide so the water can't work it's way back up.
mote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

thanks I will check into that
Old 05-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #6

We just bought a 2006 Cherokee Lite 28a and it sounds like the same problem. Far outside corner getting wet. I looked yesterday and the Screws for the outside framwork the center ones not the top or bottom are not holding anything it lookes like they missed the stud from the wall if you look you can see a gap. I think if I move the screws over closer to the inside edge it should hit. Going to try it tonight. But you can psycally see a gap between the outside frame and side wall of the slide.
shawnj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #7

Thanks Shawn. I will look at it when I get it back from the dealer for routine maintenance.