Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

So far so good with the 315tbh8

Well we are about half through our journey to Disney.. We were going to stop overnight in Fayetteville but, eh, why not hang out with Pedro! South of the Border or bust. For $32 for a 50 amp pull through site I cannot say no.

Gotta love that self levelers, took 5 minutes to get unhooked and leveled up. I did come to bed to find a pile of saw dust.. Looks like the trim piece over the bed was only Brad nailed into the Luan so it of course popped right off.. The wardrobe slide trim (hides the slide mechanism) also came off from 2 of the 4 screws pulling out of the fiber board. But again, apparently, 100 brads cannot keep it held.

It's OK, it toes great and boy is it cushy!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171124_190549.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	157133

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:01 PM   #2

I had to laugh when I read this post. Normally there would be teeth grinding hand wringing with talk about poor workmanship, but you have been around Rving long enough to take those things in stride and enjoy the adventure. Sounds like a great rig
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:18 AM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
I had to laugh when I read this post. Normally there would be teeth grinding hand wringing with talk about poor workmanship, but you have been around Rving long enough to take those things in stride and enjoy the adventure. Sounds like a great rig
Yep all it will be is some winter projects! After one popup, two trailers now our 5er..Welcome to the rv life, right?

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Man, so glad we did the campground. I have low expectations.. I figured a truck stop was going to be our site for the night. Instead, a 50 amp pull through! Click image for larger version

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_20171125_110740.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	157156

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

Well we had hoped on making it to St Augustine tonight but we hit some wicked traffic in SC / GA Line which set us back an hour and a half or so... So we made it to a rest area just inside FL off 95. Even had room to put our one slide out a bit over a grassy median. Should make the final push to Disney by 10 or 11am.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #6

Hi Doc, thanks for the post. I've got a Forest River Surveyor ordered and I'm anxious to get it. It's being delivered from Ohio. I've had quite a few trailers over the years-3 were FR with little or no problems. Don't know yet if I'm going to snowbird this winter. I've stayed in Webster and Blueberry Hill in Bushnell. Hope your trip is good. Am I reading correctly that you lost your Cinnamon recently? My sympathy.
Best wishes, Buck, TM2
nrgilpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgilpin View Post
Hi Doc, thanks for the post. I've got a Forest River Surveyor ordered and I'm anxious to get it. It's being delivered from Ohio. I've had quite a few trailers over the years-3 were FR with little or no problems. Don't know yet if I'm going to snowbird this winter. I've stayed in Webster and Blueberry Hill in Bushnell. Hope your trip is good. Am I reading correctly that you lost your Cinnamon recently? My sympathy.
Best wishes, Buck, TM2
Thank you.. The waiting is the hardest part for sure! We have been lucky for sure, if you base things on the posts of some I here.. We have had little to no trouble as well. One popup and three trailers now, all FR

We did loose our cat just this past Wednesday. Thank you for your kind words.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #8

Are you staying the winter? Do you get to my area in the summer?

always be sincere even if you don't mean it
nrgilpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #9
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgilpin View Post
Are you staying the winter? Do you get to my area in the summer?
No I wish, just a week in Disney then back to work. Not sure, if you are up in Wilkes-Barre we've been up there a few times.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-25-2017, 10:18 PM   #10

Trek to Disney in the morning. Stayed a few days in Beverly Beach, Then Ft Myers, Now Disney.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #11

Keep Me Posted

Hello,
Our family is looking at this exact same model, and planing a summer Disney haul. We have had a TT and a Wildcat 5er. Love the looks of the Arctic Wolf. Please keep me posted on how you like it, pros and cons etc. Also how you liked Disney, any tips or tricks there??
Thanks
Sarah
sdurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #12

Sdurst....Keep Me Posted

Welcome and we know the excitement of getting a new unit. We are having a "sit down" with our dealer's "Service Supervisor" this afternoon. We have identified (what we believe to be issues) items that are of interest to us and we don't have a "warm and fuzzy" feeling about.
This list consist of 10 items.
Good luck with your FR.
BeachFolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #13
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurst View Post
Hello,
Our family is looking at this exact same model, and planing a summer Disney haul. We have had a TT and a Wildcat 5er. Love the looks of the Arctic Wolf. Please keep me posted on how you like it, pros and cons etc. Also how you liked Disney, any tips or tricks there??
Thanks
Sarah
The wife handled Disney. But man they do make it real easy to just enjoy yourself.

The rv has been great. It is parked for the next few months due to snow and ice but April it will be back on the road. Everything with it has worked as expected. Two of exes of trim popped off, one over the bed, and one over the wardrobe slide. This was due to some bad workmanship / design. Using staples and brads in fiber board does not work. But this is nothing unique to this model. We love the extra space and man does it tow great!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB