Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #1

Soft spots in the floor. :-(

Have an '06 Cherokee Lite 28A. Have recently discovered some. Very ominous weak spots in the front and back of the trailer. Am afraid that we will have to fix/replace the whole floor... How bad a spot are we in? I don't want to get rid of the trailer, but I don't want to start falling through the floor either...

Any info (no matter how depressing) is welcomed!
Cherokee 28A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #2

My local RV repair shop told me that water damage keeps him in business. I have, through the years and several rigs, experienced dry rot in walls, floors and cieling. There is no magic cure and if you have to pay someone to fix it can be quite cosly. In one travel trailer, I was able to cut out the damage in the bathroom floor and patch it with exterior plywood and then used peel & stick vinyl tiles to finish it off. Was a lot of work but kept the rig for 4 more years with no further complications. Best of luck.
JBLODI is offline   Reply With Quote