Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #1

Stove Top Cover - more counter space - Wolf Pup Mod

Counter space is always at a premium in any RV, especially a small one like the Wolf Pup. I rarely use the two burner stove and op for cooking on a grill outside. This is an easy solution to gain extra counter space thats otherwise unusable.

I removed the stove knobs and stored them, since they are the highest point on my stove and got in the way. Measured and built a cover out of MDF, added some foam bumpers to the underside of my cover for a tighter fit and when towing it won't hurt the finish of the stove if it moves around. Left a gap at the back to run/hide power cables from coffee maker or other appliances and stained it a few times to attempt to match factory finish. I also sprayed some polyurethane on the top to protect it, which didn't help and I already have some water damage from coffee maker. Next time I will use a different wood and more poly.

K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #2

I don't know why all pre 2020 Wolf Pup owners don't do this as one of their first mods. I did the same but used plywood. I also had to remove the stove knobs but that was unplanned, I crossed height measurements for the sink cover I was also making ;(
I did not make mine to go clear to the wall. Mine is held snug around the metal burner housing. It's been there since I made the cover, I've tested the burners on since then.
The new Black Label package comes with a glass cover over the burners and a sink topper for more counter space.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #3

Funny to see these. I just got finished making a cover for my double sink basically the same way. My stove top has a glass fold up/down cover already.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike223 View Post
Funny to see these. I just got finished making a cover for my double sink basically the same way. My stove top has a glass fold up/down cover already.
Mike
I found an adjustable sink cover (The "feet" slide in and out) that grips the inside wall of sink. Works perfectly, and will also drain to sink incase some water drips on it from your faucet.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, wolf pup