Old 05-16-2018, 04:51 PM   #1

Suspect rear of roof is delaminating

Was up on a ladder yesterday installing a rear backup cam, when I noticed...

- There's a small 1/16" - 1/8" hole at the back edge - I can see brown through it.

- Along with that, several points along that edge where 'air bubbles' are present in the roof material (varying in size; I would estimate some as large as 1/4"). On at least one of them, I can depress the 'bubble' and see the outline of a nail head underneath.

History:
Trailer built in Aug 2017 (as a 2018); I purchased in March (from an Indiana dealer, so it definitely had some exposure to snow / cold during the winter).

I *did* inspect the roof during PDI (staff hadn't dealt with many who have, judging by their reaction when I asked for a ladder) - and the roof looked perfect, then. The only change since then is that it's gotten warmer out.

The only thing that I noticed during the roof inspection was that the surface (in general, not on that edge) felt a little 'dry' (almost 'chalky', although there was no residue on my hand, etc.)

While I had purchased a bottle of both ProtectAll Rubber Roof Cleaner & Protectant (based on reviews here), I had not yet applied any of it, both because of: a) practically constant periods of rain the last couple of weeks, and b) Some on this site stating that my roof shouldn't have *anything* put on it (it is 'pebbled', so I anticipate that it is EPDM / TPO (-?)

I know that I'll likely have to contact the dealer for this, and the sooner the better. Problem is that I was set to take the trailer to Glacier NP next week, having done the 'shakedown cruise', installing my hardwire EPS & ARP, etc., and cancelling that trip will likely put the park off-limits for me for 2018. Trying to get there before it just becomes 'National Park'... ::wry grin::

Couple that with finding some evidence of Powderpost burrowing on some of my cabinet facings (previous, not 'active'), and, suffice to say, I'm not thrilled at the prospect of driving the trailer back to the dealer and watching it sit for the summer. Grrrrr...
Reprise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof