Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #1

System Monitor Heater Switch

Hello to all from the cold and dreary Mississippi Gulf Coast (for today that is). I have a 2014 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26 DBH ans the system moniter has a switch marked heater. My previous camper had the same switch but it wqs for the electric function of the water heater. This campers water heater switch is on the heater it self. Anyone know what this switch is for? I'm sure the tech told me at delivery but cant seem to recall if he did or not.
Thanks,
DAPunch
DAPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAPunch View Post
Hello to all from the cold and dreary Mississippi Gulf Coast (for today that is). I have a 2014 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26 DBH ans the system moniter has a switch marked heater. My previous camper had the same switch but it wqs for the electric function of the water heater. This campers water heater switch is on the heater it self. Anyone know what this switch is for? I'm sure the tech told me at delivery but cant seem to recall if he did or not.
Thanks,
DAPunch
Do you have tank heaters? mine says heater to and that is what is for. If it's for tank heaters it's 12volt. I have a different unit but most switches are the same. Turn it on if nothing happens that you hear its your tank heaters.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #3

I could be wrong be I thought the switch on the monitor panel was for the propane ignition for the water heater. The swich on the heater itself was for the ac heater element for the water heater.
litgrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by litgrep View Post
I could be wrong be I thought the switch on the monitor panel was for the propane ignition for the water heater. The swich on the heater itself was for the ac heater element for the water heater.
If it is for the propane for the water heater you should have a little red lite on the switch, I have that to. If you are lets say showering and running out of hot water then if you put that switch on even with the electric switch on it will bring on the burner to heat the water faster then the red light would go off and electric only will stay on. turn off your switch for the hot water and just put that switch on. Run your hot water, when it gets cold you will here the burner come on. Other then that it's for tank heaters.......easy way to tell.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #5

I have 2013grey wolf 29bl and my switch for heater on panel is propane side of hot water heater electric is outside by hot water heater be sure you turn off switch before you unug electric to trailer you will burn out heating element
dynamite man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #6

Thanks a lot for all of the post. I do think it is for the propane side of the water heater. That's the only thing I have not tried yet.
Thanks again, I love this forum so many knowledgeable people.
DAPuncj
2000 Toyota Tundra
DAPunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater