Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #1

Thinking of buying a 2011 Cherokee

I'm new to this forum, but here goes. My wife and I are looking to upgrade our current 5th wheel and came across a 2011 Cherokee 245L I went and looked at the unit and liked it. Couldn't find any wrong with it at that time having trouble finding any real reviews on it. Getting ready to make an offer and was wondering if anyone on here as had any problems or opinions with this particular model? All feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
TRAVSMIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #2

From what I have read here, the Cherokee is a very good unit. It receives high praise from current owners. Best of luck with whatever you decide to purchase.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
Jr. member & newbie

We ordered a 2014 Cherokee 264L in February 2013 and have pulled it 6,000 miles and spent 40 nights in it, including a 4,400 mile 23 day trip from Alabama to Utah and back this spring.

We really like the unit, our first. It is a nice layout, decent quality, and did not cost a fortune. I've had some minor problems and discovered it is much more efficient for me to fix them than to leave it at the dealer 4 weeks for a 15 minute job.

Biggest thing I have changed is to replace the cheap original tires with E-rated Maxxis, and I did this when the trailer was 4 weeks old. My biggest regret is that the chassis on our unit only allows 700 lbs payload between dry weight and the max trailer weight. If we do this again, I'll look for something that has at least twice that much allowance. As is, I've done a lot of things to reduce weight on the trailer, like removing and selling the back storage rack (70 lbs) and draining the water heater when we tow (50 lbs).

I have contacted Forest River and Lippert several times on questions and some minor issues and so far had outstanding response.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #4

We have a 2007 Cherokee 32B (TT). we like and have had no issues! the only issue we had was the Concertone stereo. other than that we love it. Previously we had an 05 Cherokee Lite 28A. we really like the Cherokee line.

Good luck!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee