Old 03-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron015 View Post
Not setting perfectly level in my driveway but looks like to the top of the tongue is 26". Yep I know what you mean, me along with most like certain brands but with the Anderson setup I can only speak from experience. I don't have experience with other wd hitches but Anderson working great for me. Easy to setup and easy to remove, def does its job well.
I got a technique I use to get ball heigth without leveling the trailer. I just measure between the axles to the bottom of the frame. then I take that measurement and add it to any frame changes as I work my way to the front, finishing at the top ofthe A frame.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:40 AM   #12

That's a pretty good idea! Thanks for sharing

Old 03-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron015 View Post
I can't help you with height on travel trailer but I definitely like the Anderson hitch setup. I use this hitch on a Ram 1500 and tow a Cherokee 274dbh, tows like a dream. The dealer installed my hitch for free since I purchased the tt from them, they had price of $550 on the Anderson which is about $100 higher than some online prices but they also gave me a 10% discount as well. Hopefully someone will chime in on the hitch height for you just wanted to give you my .02 on the Anderson hitch.

Wondering about your setup, as it sounds like ours...we just got our 26dbh and are pulling it with a 2012 Ram 1500 with a WDH (Elite Round Bar?). This is our first time pulling something this big, and it just feels so much "bouncier" than I imagined it would. Reminds me of being on a pontoon boat. Is this normal and we are just not used to it?
Old 03-20-2015, 11:53 PM   #14

I don't have much experience other than the Anderson that I use on our trailer but it doesn't bounce much at all, very smooth and predictable. One thing to note I found when we first pulled our new camper is it catches a lot more wind from the sides but the hitch keeps camper pretty straight but I could def tell when the wind hit it. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some suggestions on the bounce.