Old 06-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #1

Took delivery....problems day 1

Took delivery this weekend of a new 2016 304BS. Everything seemed fine until we got to our seasonal site up in NH.

2 or 3 minor bugs, but 2 or 3 big ones.

1. Opened the slides and the top slide seals were freshly sealed with RV sealant beaded where the seal meets the siding. I guess they closed it before it was dry. When I opened it all the caulk stuck to the slide on all 3 slides and pulled it off the seals. Dealer is 3 hours away and they tell me to use ProFlex RV sealant. I do it and then notice in the paperwork there is a pamphlet from the seal company. BOYD EZ seals. Says on there that they require no caulk and also not to use certain chemicals on the seals. One of them was trichloroethylene. Sure enough that is 43% of what's in ProFlex. So I am sure they are destroyed now.

2. Went to use the San-T-Flush black water flush. Followed proper procedure, no water comes out. I hear it running though. HMMMM..... Where can it be? Oh, there it is, dripping out of the bottom of my 6 hour old trailer. Vacuum breaker squirting out like a hose in my cabinets. Floor, rug, walls, all got wet.

3. While up on the roof with the slide seals , I notice that the corners of the slide where they touch the siding when the slide are retracted pushed in the siding on those areas. Not sure is this is a common occurrence or not. I assume if the siding is out even a little it will get crushed in those spots. Even if that's the case.....very sloppy on forest rivers part.

4. Got a ladder installed from Forest River, they mounted one of the supports crooked. Ladder wobbles. Sloppy again.

5. Exhaust fan flap on the outside.......unlocked it, falls out of trailer. Tab busted. Minor but annoying.

6. They filled my water tank to test it I assume. Never emptied it so I drove 3 hours with 50 gallons of water in the tank for no reason.

Other than all that, the rest seems ok.....for now.

Guess the dealership Has a lot to fix at the end of the season.

Sorry for the rant........very disappointed in the level of quality control at Forest River so far.

BigPatCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #2

Sorry to read about all of the problems you are having but it looks to me like the dealer has been the issue not FR.

#2 and 3 could be the factory #5 could be either one.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #3

Thanks, I actually ordered this unit from Forest River through this dealer. So FR installed the ladder and all the added options. I don't know if FR put the caulking on the top seals or if the dealer did. Once my unit was built it was shipped next day. May have been FR, not sure. Either way, what a mess. Now that I used a sealant to patch it with a chemical that should not have been used I am sure they will have to be replaced.
BigPatCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #4

Ah..
I simply did not read it right, thanks for the clarification.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
Site Team

I take it that none of the issues were present during your walkthrough. FR issues or not it doesn't look like the dealer did a good pdi prior to your arrival to pick up. As many of us have found out that the RV business is different than the auto business.

Hopefully you can start enjoying your unit without worrying. Happy camping!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
I take it that none of the issues were present during your walkthrough. FR issues or not it doesn't look like the dealer did a good pdi prior to your arrival to pick up. As many of us have found out that the RV business is different than the auto business.

Hopefully you can start enjoying your unit without worrying. Happy camping!

I had my Black Tank Flush system that had the Check valve installed backwards and on a brand new coach. Soaked everything in the bathroom under the cabinets and the carpeting.

Last time I checked, you don't use the Black tank during your dealer orientation.

Just Saying.
barrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #7

Being from VT can I ask who the dealer so in the future I can be aware.
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #8

It sounds like some things were missed on the PDI. My dealer did a thorough PDI, we climbed on top and extended slides, we climbed underneath and he showed me everything, we filled tanks and ran pumps, we hooked to city water and the black flush. It seems a better PDI would have caught almost everything. It is too late now obviously and if you have never had a trailer before you do not know what to look for. It does seem everything is fixable though.....

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #9

I hope your dealer is more receptive to your issues than mine was. My tow bar was cracked, it took over 3 weeks to get the approval to have someone repair it, now Im on the hook to pay the bill, and get reimbersed...
acris93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #10

Yep just as I have said , QC at FR sucks

14 CC 38CK is online now   Reply With Quote