Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #21

Tyler, do you have a website you can share to check out the new pics from your dealer? Everything I see online are still the old pictures.
Eazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazier View Post
Tyler, do you have a website you can share to check out the new pics from your dealer? Everything I see online are still the old pictures.

Libertyrv.com is the dealer we are buying from. They don't have a 26dbh on the website right now I don't think. They do have a 27dbs featured. It has all the same interior finishes, and a picture of the camp kitchen. Hope this helps.
Tyler_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #23
Who Dares, Wins

I think the 27 is a foot longer? Otherwise I could never figure out why they had two of the same models in the line up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I think the 27 is a foot longer? Otherwise I could never figure out why they had two of the same models in the line up.

The floor of the 26DBH is 26 feet long, but from the furthest point on the front curve to the back is 28 feet. The 274 DBH has windows on the side of the slide, but other differences can't be much..... I also saw the hot water heater was by the door curb side vs street side under the bed.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #25

Congratulations from South Georgia!! You and the family are going to love it...now the wait until you get to bring it home.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2011 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #26
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
The floor of the 26DBH is 26 feet long, but from the furthest point on the front curve to the back is 28 feet. The 274 DBH has windows on the side of the slide, but other differences can't be much..... I also saw the hot water heater was by the door curb side vs street side under the bed.
Ah, brochures do not show that detail. Thanks.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #27

Congrats! Your going to love it. I initially had the same thought about it being heavier than I wanted but the wife and kids pretty much sold it for the guy. It had the most to offer for the price. As far as the weight, with 3 kids and loaded up with the exception of water, we weighed well below what I expected. This particular trip I thought I was going to be really close to the limits as we were going for an10 day trip to 3 different state (Fl) parks and we pretty much packed everything swim gear, inflatable kayaks, and bikes. Had to weigh in at the first scale to make sure I was good, and I was! I even weighed in at a interstate weigh station scale to second confirm my original weigh in and they were the same. It towed beautiful with the 10k equalizer. Had ours since Labor Day and been out for a total of 30 days and have another trip planned during presidents weekend. We take advantage of every 3 day weekend the kids get. Usually turns into 4. The other one we were close to buying was the Bullet 24dbh but really happy we went bigger, the extra room makes a huge difference, especially on a rain day, we don't feel like we are on top of each other. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1453942004.482257.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	98521

Fltundra

2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH

2010 Toyota Tundra 4.6L V8
fltundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #28

We pick up our 26dbh on the 6th of Feb. Got a Husky centerline 800/8000 spring bars, Spoke with rep at Husky and they recommended this weight rating. The 1000/10000 is to much for it to tow proper. Anything over 8k in the trailer will be pushing it.
I have been reading up on the PDI anyone have suggestions.
Lukegsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #29

Thanks steelframer and fltundra. We can't wait for the pickup date. I don't think my Chevy Z71 5.3L will have to much trouble pulling it. Gas mileage might take a significant drop, but it's cheap. Haha. Most of the time we will stay within an hour or two from home, but once a year we would like to take it on a major family vacation. Already booking a trip to beaver lake Arkansas for a 4 day weekend in June.

Lukegsdaddy congrats on your purchase as well! I guess I just always assumed that a little heavier WDH wouldn't hurt. The 26dbh hitch already weighs 725lbs dry. So if we load any weight at all in it we would be over the 800 pound hitch weight. I know we can't go over the 8000lb max rating since the trailer GVWR is less than that, but i guess I'm just more worried about the tongue weight. I could be going about this all wrong though. After all I am a complete newbie here and looking for any information that will help me from breaking stuff. Haha
Old 02-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #30

Congrats on your new 26DBH. We bought a 2016 in June 2015. We have used it twice for a week each time and love it. We have 3 trips planned already for 2016. Welcome to the club!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #31
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
Looking at the specs is says 31 ft but probably is measures tip of tonge to rear of tt. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Looking at the specs is says 31 ft but probably is measures tip of tonge to rear of tt. Later RJD

Correct. I believe the actual floor of the unit is 26' long, but because of the curved front, it is 28' long at bed/countertop level.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #33

I used to pull my TT with a jeep commander with a 5.7L and 3.73 rear and had no problems pulling it.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2011 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #34

Finally brought the grey wolf home. The old Chevy pulled it well on the 45 minute trek home. Here's a few pictures and hoping for some warmer weather here in the heartland to start camping. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1457317480.817967.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	101221Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1457317509.949446.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	101222
Old 03-06-2016, 09:43 PM   #35

Nice lookin rig man! Keep the pics coming and let us know what mods ya do!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Eazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:54 PM   #36

Wow, that is one sweet rig!! Congrats and have fun!!

elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #37

Tyler_13, judging by your original post date, you must have bought your unit at the Kansas City RV show? I also ordered a TT from Liberty RV at that show. Looks like you lucked out better than us on delivery date, as ours JUST ARRIVED 3/30/16 (yes, they told us 4-6 weeks.)

I have to ask, how was your experience with Liberty RV? Did you ask any questions between order and delivery time? Did they respond?

We have had (and are still having) a HORRIBLE experience with them. E-mails and phone calls are ignored, or returned without answers. I'm REALLY regretting buying from them!
pickelgeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickelgeuse View Post
Tyler_13, judging by your original post date, you must have bought your unit at the Kansas City RV show? I also ordered a TT from Liberty RV at that show. Looks like you lucked out better than us on delivery date, as ours JUST ARRIVED 3/30/16 (yes, they told us 4-6 weeks.)

I have to ask, how was your experience with Liberty RV? Did you ask any questions between order and delivery time? Did they respond?

We have had (and are still having) a HORRIBLE experience with them. E-mails and phone calls are ignored, or returned without answers. I'm REALLY regretting buying from them!

Yes it was kind of a mess buying from them. They emailed is the middle of February saying they were getting trailers in and if we wanted one soon. We said yes, as soon as possible. She asked if I needed brakes or a WDH and I told her a hitch. About two weeks later no reply so I called them. It took about 3 more phone calls and about 3 emails before anyone got back to us. We always talked to Bev who said she was the owner. She obviously forgot to pass the information along to anyone. So after Bev told us that we could pick the camper up on Saturday the 5th, we got a little worried no one was calling to confirm. So that Thursday we called and they told us we weren't scheduled at all. You could say I threw a fit! So after all that they got us on the schedule and that Saturday our luck turned around.

Jim the guy that gave us our walk through was extremely helpful. Even the loan process went smooth. The camper has no issues yet and I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way. Not sure what kind of army it would take to get work done there. Thinking of just taking it to Olathe ford RV. Really like that place, just couldn't get a camper for the price we got at the show.

Hope your luck turns around for you. We are taking our maiden voyage this weekend to perry state park.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #39

At the show, the price sticker on the door said payments would be $210 a month. We told them we were looking in that payment range. We opted for gel-coat sides on the camper ($1900 upgrade) and added the WDH. Travis and Shawn assured us they would still keep it in that payment range, maybe even lower to $190, but $210 AT THE MOST. Oh yeah.....and one of the first questions out of our mouths was if they could structure Kansas sales tax into the loan, even though they are a Missouri dealer. They said no problem, they do it all the time. (otherwise we would have stuck with a Kansas dealer.)

We were told 4-6 weeks. Because Kegs N Eggs fell WAY outside of that window, we made reservations at Cottonwood in Bonner Springs so we wouldn't have to worry about the hour and a half drive home afterwards.

Two weeks later, got a call from Bev. She's just getting ready to put the order in to the factory. Did we want any other upgrades? We ended up upgrading the A/C to the 15k btu unit, enclosing the underbelly, and adding a window in the front of the slide. ($350 total upgrade) I asked her if they knew yet what our payments would be... she said $287. Yeah, I was shocked to say they least, but we let it go... we would figure out the budget somehow. They said they would let us know the schedule for getting it finished up within a few days.

A week passes and I start e-mailing Travis about if they know a scheduled finish date (THEY said the would know shortly after turning in the order,and would let us know.)

No response. 2-3 days later, I e-mail again. No response. 2-3 days later, I e-mail again and cc Shawn. No response. He finally responded, only telling me they would let me know as soon as they heard from the factory. I replied asking if the loan, did indeed include the sales tax. "No, that's not something we collect, that is up to the state." I reminded him he told us they could, and they would, at the show. He said he would check with Shawn if it could be done. That was the LAST I EVER HEARD from Travis.

So, I started e-mailing Shawn my inquiries. First off, we decided that the loan terms were unacceptable. They assured us the $190-210 range, so $287 was just ridiculous. He said he'd check what he could do, and let me know later in the day. Of course, he didn't. I e-mailed the next day. No response. I would e-mail daily with "Hoping to hear from you today" 5 days later, he responds with "I should know something in the morning on your deal. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear from the bank." 3 days later, I start hounding for information again. He did reply back that he did talk to the banker,and they will give us a better interest rate. He will let me know as soon as it is settled. HE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR US.

Never heard any details on that. Wife was getting antsy about the finish date. We had reached the 4 week point, and no mention of production schedule. We were also 4 weeks from our first camping trip reservations! So I start e-mailing about production schedule. Shawn replied that he would let me know on Monday, once he talks to the factory.

About a week later, I start e-mailing to see if I can actually get that info. No response. Next day try again... no response. Next day I send an e-mail (forwarded the question about production date) and I copied Travis, Shawn, Bev and the other co-owner. I also told them in the e-mail that they were making me feel like an a-hole for just trying to get information on our purchase. The next day, Shawn replies with "I got you a ½ point off on your interest rate buddy. Your good to go…"

Wow, 1/2 a point. THAT was enough to get us down below $210??? Anyway, that question had passed, and I was asking about production schedule. Thanks anyway. He replied that it would be here the NEXT Tuesday.

Tuesday comes, not hearing anything from anyone. I call to see if it in fact made it in. Of course, Shawn was off. So I talked to Bev, she would check on it. It would be in NEXT Tuesday.

During the final week and a half, I called and talked to Travis, Shawn, Bruce, and Bev and could never get solid answers on ANYTHING. Finally, Bev told me it was finished and would be in that weekend! We could pick it up on Monday, which worked great because I was off work. Our work schedule would make it very difficult to make it there within business hours. The wife, however did have to work, so we planned to go Saturday, have her sign her half of the papers, and I would do the rest Monday. Bev called back a few hours later. It won't be in until Monday evening, and they need at least a day with it for prep. So we arranged to get it Wednesday, after hours.

Very happy they were willing to stay after hours, though they whirlwind rushed us through everything. I got home and it hit me. The loan did NOT include the sales tax. DAMNIT!!!!

So I called Shawn the next day. "Congratulations. I thought I would be vigilant, but you got me." What was I talking about??? The sales tax. It's not their job to collect sales tax. This again?????? He would check with the bank, see if they could adjust the rate again to get enough to cover sales tax. Here it is a week later, and I still don't have an answer on that. I also asked a few questions about info I missed on the walkthrough. No reponse.

This place will never see another dime from me.

Sorry for the book, but yeah... I need to vent! LOL, thanks!
pickelgeuse is offline   Reply With Quote