Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #1

Tornado tank rinser , Is it worth the time?

OK Is the tornado tank rinser worth the time and trouble to install. I do NOT have a built in factory rinse system. I have a sprayier connected to the water supply on my toilet. Just to refill my tank. I always leave a few gallons of water in my tank, and chemical. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #2

I installed a No-fuss-flush. it`s similar to the Tonado except it don`t spin. and yes it is worth the time and money to install it.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #3

OK so I installed one and its well worth the time. Didn t relize how much I was not getting out of the tank. And no more hoses inside my unit.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #4

I think that the one on my black tank does such a good job that I may install one on the gray tank, just to flush the soap-suds and "gunk" out, and to keep the sensors clean. Probably overkill, but unless I have a modification "to-do" list that has at least 3 or 4 items on it, I somehow feel like a slacker....

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Did not have one in the MWR rental I used for my first two years of camping. ALWAYS had issues with incomplete black tank dumps when I returned it (even after I bought the "wand" and the hose connetion thing on the elbow).

The 5th wheel has a black flush and it works GREAT. Will never own another without the flush system.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #6

Bought my Cherokee 27L last year. Ok, I have never heard of this "Tornado Tank Flush System". What is it? I also had problems with the black tank sensors showing incomplete flushing. I only knew about the hand wand that I attach to the hose. I had good results using that. Don't know how much this other system costs but the wand was a cheap fix for those occational sensor problems. I just don't know how I would use the wand on my gray tank if I should ever have a problem. Happy camping all!!!
kjoh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Horst Miracle Probes for Wastewater Tanks in Recreational Vehicles RVs

Check out this video for why our stock probes don't work like they should.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #8

Been using Calgon water softener liquid on my 08 Flagstaff, and have never needed any of these things, and that's in Hot and humid Florida. I don't own ANY type of tank rinser, or have ever put any hoses or contraptions of any type into the toilet, or into the black tank at all. I do sometimes use tank deodorizing liquid, just for good measure, but NOT because of any foul odors. I would use and purchase this stuff if I saw a need to, and I dump the tanks after every trip. I just never have noticed any need to change from my current system of black tank maintenance. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #9

Consider yourself very lucky 08flagvlite. I've had 3 different trailers. And I never thought I have a problem either. Never had any smell in any of them. Gauges always worked as they should. Then I had a friend that had a tank rinser on his unit. I was supprised after he dumper his tanks he turned the rinser on an man I could not beleive how much came out. You may have a better unit then I do , Because no matter if I fill my tank complete with water before dumping. When I turn the rinser on , I still get alot of paper out.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #10

Hi flirtypup. I understand the concept, and it would probably help to clear the tank even better; I just at least as of yet haven't seen a need for any of that stuff. It may be that my very next trip I'll get stunk out, and regret not having purchased anything, but........Others on here have had the same results as I with the Calgon, as well. It's good insurance, I suppose!! Happy Camping! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 AM   #11

I did install one in and it does remove lots of stuff, more than I expected.

One thing that bugs me though, is that a little clean water does come out each time, where the clear hose connects to the rinser itself. I believe it's the backflow/check valve that does that and think it's normal, well.... I hope.

Upon installation, it is a scary moment when you drill the hole, no turning back back now I told myself...
Old 04-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
One thing that bugs me though, is that a little clean water does come out each time, where the clear hose connects to the rinser itself. I believe it's the backflow/check valve that does that and think it's normal, well.... I hope.
That is the backflow/anti-siphon valve in action. Mine is located inside the bathroom sink vanity in the back on the right side. There is a lot of water under pressure from that check valve to the hose bib. That is what comes out.

I made up a short hose with an on/off valve and a brass check valve at each end that I use between the turbo flush and my potable garden hose when I am at home. That would be triple protection against anything getting into my house hose. When I shut the valve on the hose water will gush out the vents on the front check valve like it is supposed to.

PS - Now that I have one, I would not hesitate to install one in any camper that did not have one.

Tags
cherokee