Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2019, 09:25 AM   #1

Touch audio

Does anyone know the manufacturer and or model of this touch audio unit in my travel trailer Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190928_095834.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	215976. There is no manufacturer name or model on the front. On the backside of the unit, there is no labels with the unit manufacturer or model number. Can anyone identify this unit? Any help would be appreciated.

Alucke
Alucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
Site Team

It would probably help if you posted year, make and model of RV you have, since you don't have that info listed in your profile. FR brands use different entertainment systems and often change them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
It would probably help if you posted year, make and model of RV you have, since you don't have that info listed in your profile. FR brands use different entertainment systems and often change them.
Sorry, my TT is a 2012 Cherokee grey wolf 28bhks.

Alucke
Old 10-01-2019, 06:38 AM   #4

I spend all day yesterday searching Google for the manufacturer of this multimedia touch audio center. It was manufacturered by lipport components. The product has long been discontinued. I have to stick with the product because the install size is 5.9 inches height compared to the double din (4 inch height) of the replacement multimedia device is was looking at.

alucke
Old 10-01-2019, 06:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucke View Post
I spend all day yesterday searching Google for the manufacturer of this multimedia touch audio center. It was manufacturered by lipport components. The product has long been discontinued. I have to stick with the product because the install size is 5.9 inches height compared to the double din (4 inch height) of the replacement multimedia device is was looking at.

alucke
Have you considered buying a piece of oak and making a filler panel out of it with a hole size you need? Just go spend $10 or s on some wood, stain and varnish it.... boom! Your in! That does not look like a hard problem to overcome from my perspective. It's just a hole.

2019 Ram Bighorn, CC/SB 2500 4x4 6.4L/8 Speed, Max Tow 14,460 lb/2,940 lb payload.
2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5 Eco, 12,800 lb/1,546 payload.
2020 Coachmen Apex UL 289TBSS
2019 Quality Trailers 16'x7' 7K GVWR Utility Trailer
2019 IronBull 22'x102" 14K GVWR Equipment Trailer
Larry0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:22 AM   #6

I agree with the idea of manufacturing your own "surround" of sorts. One thing that I have done in the past, is just forget about trying to match the color. Odds are you wont match it, and it will be just enough "off" to be noticeable and annoying. You could consider purposely not matching it. Go with black to match the unit it is surrounding. Or if there are any other colors in the trailer you want to match.

With that said, in the auto industry you can purchase plastic "surrounds" for when you go from a large unit to a small unit. Maybe you could investigate those types of things as well.

Best of luck in the project, hopefully it all works out for you