Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #1

TV connections

I am in the process of purchasing a Wolf Pup 17 and noticed that it has the outside TV connection option. There are 2 connections on the outside, one standard cable input and what appears to be a single RCA jack. Can someone tell me what the RCA jack is for? I am guessing the cable input is for hard lining the cable service to the camper even though it is on opposite side of other campers I have owned. Also how have others liked this unit. We are going from a popup to this.
firetuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

You wrote outside TV connection. If you have cable, you plug in the standard "F" connector, and have cable. If you move the TV outside, you would hook it to the RCA jack, at least that is what it sounds like. Which side the cable connector is on varies.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #3

Makes sense. I noticed on the radio it has 3 channels for speaker output and one does nothing. Didn't know if it was for that. I guess the RCA is for video out. Seems that the input for the cable should be on the hookup side of the camper with an out on the awning side for the TV. I guess that you could use the standard cable connection to pigtail from the antenna. Just thinking out loud.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The RCA jack is probably a Video out. Are you sure the "C" speaker selection isn't for outside speakers? You will have to go outside to hear them. You may even see the speaker grills on the outside wall somewhere, under the awning.
Just trying to help you think out loud.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #5

I think I might have it figured out. Spoke to a dealer today to check on the mount for the TV.Were buying the unit used and previous owner must have kept it. Asked him about the connectors and he said that it was so that you could play it on the outside speakers on the B channel. This is a neat set up but I could not find it anywhere in the manuals. Thanks for the replies. I see you have a Jeep. I'm a jeep junkie to. I currently have a 2010 4 door Sahara and a 73 CJ5 that btw me and my dad have owned since it was 4 month old. The 73 is still on the road and has 79,000 original miles
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #6

Assuming you also have the triangle shaped tv mount you can buy one from forest river for 24 bucks as for the 3 rd out put that is actually back to the tv inside if the av connections are in the overhead like mine. The cable conn under the awning is for tv out to an outside tv maybe. That is how my 2011 is set up any how.
Awrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #7

I have the same setup. The RCA connector is for my built in DVD player inside the trailer so you can watch a movie outside. And the other connectors works the same as the one inside the trailer. With the amp switch on connector turned on an the little light on then the inside and outside connections use the trailer antenna. With the switch off you get the outside cable connection working on both inside and outside.

Cheers.

Chris
Trailer: 2015 Cherokee 274RK
In Past:
2011 Grey Wolf 26RL, 2009 Cikira 19 EXP hybrid, 2008 Clipper 108st (pop-up)
Willybgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #8

Sorry forgot to tell you that yes the "C" in the stereo/DVD is for the outside speakers. This is why you only need the video RCA connection. On the outside for dvd's. Keep in mind that if watching regular tv and not a movie, that you have to use the tv built in speaker.

Chris
In Past:
Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #9

Thanks for the info. I was able to play with it yesterday and everything worked on the inside. Didn't realize that the radio was also the DVD.....Cool. Moved the TV to the outside but could not get the Video RCA to work for some reason. Is there a switch over button that needs to be pressed? I purchased it used and am still trying to locate some of the books.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetuck
Thanks for the info. I was able to play with it yesterday and everything worked on the inside. Didn't realize that the radio was also the DVD.....Cool. Moved the TV to the outside but could not get the Video RCA to work for some reason. Is there a switch over button that needs to be pressed? I purchased it used and am still trying to locate some of the books.
No there should not be a button for the RCA end of things. It should work with the radio/DVD, but only with that. If you want to watch tv then you have to use the other connection and use it the same as if the tv were in the trailer. I do have some of my manuals on my computer if you are looking for soft copies of them. Send my
Your email and I can forward
Them on to you if you like.

Chris
In Past:
Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #11

Found the problem on the Video out on the outside. It appears the Video out on the radio is dead. Switched it to the 3rd one and it worked fine. Another question... just got the TV mounted on the factory wall mount... is it mounted strong enough from the factory to leave it on the wall when traveling. The TV is 19".
Old 12-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #12

I have a 24" LCD tv on mine and have had no problem so far. They must reinforce the wall where the tv mounts.

Chris
In Past: