Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2018, 12:52 AM   #1

Upgrading campers

Me and my wife are looking at getting another camper. We currently have a 01 Roo expando/ hybird. We have been looking at the Gray wolfs. Have any thoughts. Comment
bigdogtruck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtruck17 View Post
Me and my wife are looking at getting another camper. We currently have a 01 Roo expando/ hybird. We have been looking at the Gray wolfs. Have any thoughts. Comment
Best advice I got when buying my first camper (just two short years ago) was to buy the biggest thing you can comfortably pull and affored. We maxed out my 2016 F150 and pull 8000 lb 2016 VLite with three slides. He explained "its not about the trip on the road, its about the space and comfort when you get there".

I couldn't agree more
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak1 View Post
Best advice I got when buying my first camper (just two short years ago) was to buy the biggest thing you can comfortably pull and affored. We maxed out my 2016 F150 and pull 8000 lb 2016 VLite with three slides. He explained "its not about the trip on the road, its about the space and comfort when you get there".

I couldn't agree more
Thank you for your advice it helps
Old 07-08-2018, 07:16 PM   #4

Upgrading campers

The Grey Wolf has schwentek slides which are not a floor level slides as in the Cherokee’s. Cabinetry stiles are not pocket screwed therefore cheaper material used to construct the cabinets. Windows are single pane and not tinted. Windows are smaller in the Gray Wolf vs. Cherokee. I took a tour of the Gray Wolf factory (Cherokee) and was impressed with the over all construction of the unit! As an owner of a Grey Wolf 26DBH, the Grey Wolf/ Cherokee travel trailers do give you the best bang for the buck! Not necessarily the lightest trailer out there.
Barmstrong77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtruck17 View Post
We went to the 2018 Cherokee 304BS...(sleeps about 50...grandkids always with us). Outside of an electrical issue when we first used it...neutral wire came loose at a junction and took out all our outlets and some quality issues that I easily took care of, we've been pleased with the purchase so far. It road out 3 pretty intense storms last time we were out and not a single leak anywhere. For the price...it was a good investment.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmstrong77 View Post
The Grey Wolf has schwentek slides which are not a floor level slides as in the Cherokee’s. Cabinetry stiles are not pocket screwed therefore cheaper material used to construct the cabinets. Windows are single pane and not tinted. Windows are smaller in the Gray Wolf vs. Cherokee. I took a tour of the Gray Wolf factory (Cherokee) and was impressed with the over all construction of the unit! As an owner of a Grey Wolf 26DBH, the Grey Wolf/ Cherokee travel trailers do give you the best bang for the buck! Not necessarily the lightest trailer out there.
Thank you for your reply I'm not to worried about the weight. I have a diseal truck built for pulling. I am impressed with the wolf/cherokee too
Old 07-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #7

Overall I’m happy with our Grey Wolf so far, a few minor things I’ve had to do or need the dealer to take care of

My biggest problem I have with the Grey Wolfs is how low they are, I’ve drug the skid bars on the back a few times and it wasn’t that big of a slope, I’m actually thinking of lifting the trailer some
mz_cummins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper