Old 02-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #11

Yes, that's where we're getting ours from as well. Hope it doesn't need too much warranty work as they're about two hours away from me. Glad they have treated you well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #12

well that's why I waited till I was done camping to take mine back. I have a little longer drive than that. It looks like I am just a little farther east than you I am from salem il area.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00buckhunting View Post
well that's why I waited till I was done camping to take mine back. I have a little longer drive than that. It looks like I am just a little farther east than you I am from salem il area.
Yeah, you've got another hour, hour and a half further than I have! Small world.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:56 AM   #14
TeresaInCAL

We bought our 22BH in 09. Love most of it. Have changed the parts we didn't love to the best of our abilities. One problem we can't really fix is that our youngest son out grew his upper bunk. It wasn't made for a 6'1" tall, 185lb kid!
Be sure to check your tires on a regular basis. FR tends to put cheapies on there.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #15

We have the 28 BH. We have loved it, they had to do some warranty work on it back at the factory, but it all worked out great. Good luck with yours.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #16

I also have the 26BH, 2011 model. Love the no slide feature, Its just me and the misses. Nothing to leak or worry about. Mods?, done a bunch, mostly to suit our boon dock camping style. Glued insulation in both the outside storage areas and screwed the bunk cover down so it only access’s from the outside. Also sealed off the hotwater heater access door because of the insulation. Put foam insulation on every inch of water line throughout the interior, put a 12v heat pad on the fresh tank and 120 volt heat tape on the feed line from that tank. Dual batts and most important (to me) upgraded to 15 inch rims and E rated trailer tires. The unit also has a 3 inch factory installed lift, which is just a longer T fitting commin off the axel. Welded a metal guard skid plate around the dump tubes and reinforced the fresh tank with angle iron. Not worried about LED lights because I run a generator. What I did was perfect for our camping, a little overkill for most, but winter hasn’t stopped me from doing what I/we enjoy. Camping, baby!!

Tags
grey wolf