Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #1

Smile Waiting on our Grey Wolf 26BH

We ordered a new one at the St. Louis RV show last month. I guess this Cherokee forum is also for Grey Wolf TT's? Anyone else here have the 26BH? Any experiences good/bad? It sure seemed like a lot of trailer for a great price, I hope that we're not disappointed. I realize it's an entry level trailer, but I just don't want too many major hassles with leaks and such. I am handy at maintaining things and fixing most things. This will also be our 3rd TT and 5th camper overall including 2 pop ups.
AirForceAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #2

We just bought a 2014 gray wolf 26BH and we love it. We have 3 kids 7,6,4 and we have plenty of room. Tows nice and easy set up. We had ours out 5 times with no problems. The awning is my only worry. It doesn't have a way to tie it down when it is out. Overall very pleased with it.
greywolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #3

We had a 28bh for Two seasons and loved it! Never had any problems and we enjoyed about 80 nights in it. Only changed to a fifth wheel after getting a better tow vehicle.

Sent by me
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies! Now, if the weather would just clear up!
Old 02-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #5

I have the 26DBH and used it probably 60 nights last year? Ours is the DBH, so double bed over double bed bunks... and we found that the top bunk is weak... fixed it on the spot at the lake so no big deal, but would have been handier to do at home first.

No plumbing issues, no leaks, slide worked perfect, power awning worked perfect. We are happy and would recommend (and have recommended, an acquaintance has since bought one also)
ridersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #6

Yeah, I've read a couple of other places that the top bunk is weak. I"ll probably add a thicker board up there and maybe on the second bunk as well. Thanks for the reply!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #7

Hello I also have the 26DBH bought it last year at St Louis Rv show. Camped last year with it, only had a few miner warranty issues but dealer took care of them when, I took it back, to them one problem I had I will talk about was twice when slide was wet from rain and slide it in to go home I got water on floor inside camper after sliding in the slide. But when I return for warranty work we put on a slide topper just to prevent this from happening anymore. other than that we love are camper.
00buckhunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #8

00buckhunting, What dealer did you buy yours from? Ours won't have a slide, so I won't have that to worry about. Our last TT did and I always worried about it leaking. The space was nice, but we can live without it.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #9

Ours don't have a slide but our kids are young. Our next one probley will.
greywolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #10

We bought from 47 west trailer sale out of troy mo. they have been good to me so far when I had questions. is that where you are getting yours
Old 02-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #11

Yes, that's where we're getting ours from as well. Hope it doesn't need too much warranty work as they're about two hours away from me. Glad they have treated you well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #12

well that's why I waited till I was done camping to take mine back. I have a little longer drive than that. It looks like I am just a little farther east than you I am from salem il area.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00buckhunting View Post
well that's why I waited till I was done camping to take mine back. I have a little longer drive than that. It looks like I am just a little farther east than you I am from salem il area.
Yeah, you've got another hour, hour and a half further than I have! Small world.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:56 AM   #14
TeresaInCAL

We bought our 22BH in 09. Love most of it. Have changed the parts we didn't love to the best of our abilities. One problem we can't really fix is that our youngest son out grew his upper bunk. It wasn't made for a 6'1" tall, 185lb kid!
Be sure to check your tires on a regular basis. FR tends to put cheapies on there.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #15

We have the 28 BH. We have loved it, they had to do some warranty work on it back at the factory, but it all worked out great. Good luck with yours.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #16

I also have the 26BH, 2011 model. Love the no slide feature, Its just me and the misses. Nothing to leak or worry about. Mods?, done a bunch, mostly to suit our boon dock camping style. Glued insulation in both the outside storage areas and screwed the bunk cover down so it only access’s from the outside. Also sealed off the hotwater heater access door because of the insulation. Put foam insulation on every inch of water line throughout the interior, put a 12v heat pad on the fresh tank and 120 volt heat tape on the feed line from that tank. Dual batts and most important (to me) upgraded to 15 inch rims and E rated trailer tires. The unit also has a 3 inch factory installed lift, which is just a longer T fitting commin off the axel. Welded a metal guard skid plate around the dump tubes and reinforced the fresh tank with angle iron. Not worried about LED lights because I run a generator. What I did was perfect for our camping, a little overkill for most, but winter hasn’t stopped me from doing what I/we enjoy. Camping, baby!!

Tags
grey wolf