Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 02:27 PM   #1

Wall Construction & TV Mounts

Hi all. I just purchased a Wolf Pup 16BHS, which is designed for you to just put your tv on the counter. I, however, would like to mount it on the wall above the window by the queen bed. The question is, what type of construction is used for the exterior walls? Should I expect plywood? One inch studs? Would it be best for me to mount a hardwood board to the wall first to distribute the weight better? It will just be a 24" TV, so not very heavy at all...
jblake4124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #2

I just bought a wolf pup bhs and I've been looking up questions that I had for a couple of weeks. This was one of them. There is link on the forum where someone posted how they installed it. Because the walls are so thin they suggested installing the bracket on the side of a cabinet. They added1x6 on the inside to beef the cabinet up in order to support a small tv. Hope that helps
beaglesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

I got these answers from forest river about the tv mount on the wall where the ant connections are. Maybe this will help.

Ronald ;( 1) the construction of dinette wall 1.5x2.5 fir you most likely also have two vent pipes in wall center. Most likely to move TV mount and add larger TV you would have to remove the wall panel and add extra supports where you wish to install the TV mount.

(2)Whatever size of battery installed was done by the dealer most likely group 24 or 27 deep cycle there are other option but these are the most common.

(3)You can do two batteries but they must be the same.

(4) You most likely have a booster in the unit with power on and greenlight lit your on antenna if off then you’re running cable.
grit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #4

We just bought the Wolf Pup 16BHS.
We were thinking of mounting our tv as well. Please post some pics if you have been able to install the tv.
ladypmd03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:18 PM   #5

moving tv mount in wolfpup

Since the original wall mount was for a small tv, I had to remove the slide mount and relocate it closer to the middle of that section of the wall.
I did this by:
1. mounting a tv mount from Walmart to the tv.
2. drill holes to mount the slide mount bracket to the tv mount.
(see tv mount.jpg)
On the wall:
1. Remove the installed wall slide mount bracket.
2. finding the studs with a studfinder.
3. mounting the wall slide mount bracket to a 3/8" plywood board of sufficient length to go between studs where you want the new tv mounting hardware to go.
4. mount the board with bracket to the wall along the studs using 1 1 1/2" long wood screws and wide washers.
(see tv wall mount.jpg)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv wall mount.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	105778   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv mount.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	105779  
grit is offline   Reply With Quote