Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 03:50 PM   #1

wall mounted fan installation cherokee 274dbh

I intend to install a wall mounted fan on the master bedroom wall where it is labeled 'tv backer'. I'll be picking up my camper out of storage tomorrow but wanted to prep and stop at the hardware store if I have to ahead of time.

My question is if anyone knows offhand if this is a wood backer or plate. And if so, what type of plywood or stud is there? Would I be better served mounting an external piece of plywood across two studs and then mounting the fan to that? The fan is about 10lbs.

This is the fan fwiw.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sarjent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:55 AM   #2

You'll normally find its a 2x4 installed flat. You can feel it by pressing the wall or looking for staples. Nice looking fan, 10LB fan, wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarjent View Post
I intend to install a wall mounted fan on the master bedroom wall where it is labeled 'tv backer'. I'll be picking up my camper out of storage tomorrow but wanted to prep and stop at the hardware store if I have to ahead of time.

My question is if anyone knows offhand if this is a wood backer or plate. And if so, what type of plywood or stud is there? Would I be better served mounting an external piece of plywood across two studs and then mounting the fan to that? The fan is about 10lbs.

This is the fan fwiw.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:22 PM   #3

Just throwing out a different option. We purchased these: www.amzn.com/B0752BQX1C and just clamp to the wardrobe door handle and plug into usb.

Wife likes indirect air blowing around her and I like it blowing on high.

Purchased one for each back bunk also as they can get claustrophobic and stale air.
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:18 AM   #4
REL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
Just throwing out a different option. We purchased these: www.amzn.com/B0752BQX1C and just clamp to the wardrobe door handle and plug into usb.

Wife likes indirect air blowing around her and I like it blowing on high.

Purchased one for each back bunk also as they can get claustrophobic and stale air.
We bought the same fans..USB 12v...they work well..like you said we clip them on the cabinets...
REL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, fan, mount