Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Unhappy Water streaming out of city water connection

I went out and used the 'ol camper this weekend. I have a pur water system that came factory installed. I did notice that the filter was dirty. But here is the main problem. I went to turn the pump on for the first time this weekend, and waited for it pressurize, and it never did. No I should say also that I have used the water tank pump system already once before this season, first time out.I then went out to see if there was a major leak outside and saw and heard water splashing like crazy. Ran around the other side and saw water streaming out of the city water connection. After some thinking I removed the water filter knowing that it was dirty. Thought this would fix it but no. I then got more creative just so that I had water to use over the weekend and bypassed the filter assembly to use some fittings to disconnect the city loop.

Any suggestions on this? Clogged water line maybe? I even tried to push my hand as hard as I could on the city water connection to pressurize the system and that didn't work either. So right now I have no city water connection and no filter system unless I re do the temporary fix that I made.

Thunder Sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Jan Goldfield
Try swapping out the rubber O ring inside the hose end.

Jan Goldfield and Donna Morse
Slidell LA

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Originally Posted by pondlady View Post
Try swapping out the rubber O ring inside the hose end.
I was using the water pump, and pumping water from the holding tank. I didn't have a city water connection. So what was happening instead of coming out of the faucets like it should of it was not even coming to the inside plumbing at all instead it was coming from the pump bypassing the inside plumbing and just reversing itself and going right back out through the city water connection. I guess I would call this a reverse action of water.

I did use the pump already this season and never had a problem. The last couple of times I have had a city water connection and this was the second time this season that I needed the pump for fresh water.

Thunder Sucker
Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
City water check valve. Try taking off the strainer and lighty pushing on the spring loaded valve! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
I dont know if I ever saw a check valve down there. I will take picture of it tonight and see if I can post it on here. I am also going to try and talk to a dealer that is close by to me here.

I appreciate all the help thus far. I reallly do.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
All city water connections have a check valve. The valve is either stuck open, because of something getting caught in it, or it is bad. As youroo stated, push in on the valve to clear whatever is causing it to stick. Or, replace the city water connection.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
Could the check valve look like a "T" fitting? That is the only thing that I know that i removed out. I would of thought the same thing check valve. If there is not one there or that fitting that looks like a check valve is the check valve then it is going to get replaced.

See this is why I don't do plumbing. Im a master electrician not a plumber. I try to stick to what I know, except when Im trying to save money.
Thanks again for all the help you guys are wonderful. So glad I found this forum and joined.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member
It will look like one of these hose connectors. The check valve is built in. If you remove the screen washer there will be a white plastic stem, looks like a small closed straw. Push it and see if it reseats. It may be the O-Ring it seats against is worn badly or gone.

Reicharts Camping Center Online Store

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote