Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #21
jkoenig24

Congratulations! Sound like you did your Due Diligence prior to purchase. I wish you many happy miles and years!
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:31 PM   #22

Congratulations on your beautiful new camper! Happy Camping!!
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #23

Just finished the first coat of wax. Whew that's a job.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
Just finished the first coat of wax. Whew that's a job.

What wax did you use and any tips for waxing the sides?
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub175 View Post
What wax did you use and any tips for waxing the sides?
Since it was new I used Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax - Walmart.com

You have to be careful and not get the detail spray. The bottles look the same. This should give about 3 good months of constant sun where I live.

My next step is the Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax.

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Walmart.com

Except it's not a "wax" per se. It's a synthetic Polymer. Synthetics last much longer than carnuba wax. Twice as long in reality. It can be applied in direct sunlight and doesn't stain trim. I love this stuff. Easy on and easy off.

Autogeek is a wonderful resource. Beware it's overwhelming and I've spent a ton of money on detail products. I enjoy it though.

As for the sides. I just used a two step ladder. I'm 6'0" and it was easy enough for me to reach. I did everything from the ground up to the top of the windows then did the windows up on the ladder.
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
Since it was new I used Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax - Walmart.com

You have to be careful and not get the detail spray. The bottles look the same. This should give about 3 good months of constant sun where I live.

My next step is the Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax.

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Walmart.com

Except it's not a "wax" per se. It's a synthetic Polymer. Synthetics last much longer than carnuba wax. Twice as long in reality. It can be applied in direct sunlight and doesn't stain trim. I love this stuff. Easy on and easy off.

Autogeek is a wonderful resource. Beware it's overwhelming and I've spent a ton of money on detail products. I enjoy it though.

As for the sides. I just used a two step ladder. I'm 6'0" and it was easy enough for me to reach. I did everything from the ground up to the top of the windows then did the windows up on the ladder.
I used to detail cars and used meguiar's products, but with the sides being uneven I haven't worked out in my mind how the most efficient application and removal of wax could be done. The only options I see are a spray wax like you mentioned or literally hitting all angles of the ridges with the applicator and towel. Fiberglass smooth sides would be much easier to wax, but we liked the aluminum ridged sides.
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:43 PM   #27

My 2c. There is no way a spray wax will last longer than a paste wax. Call a detailer and ask how for spray/liquid wax and how much for paste.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:35 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
My 2c. There is no way a spray wax will last longer than a paste wax. Call a detailer and ask how for spray/liquid wax and how much for paste.
Absolutely right. Also paste wax doesn't last as long as as synthetic. Not to mention paste is much harder to remove as the equivalent liquid.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #29

Our 2014 Wildwood 21RBS had the electric stab jacks, and I have to say that I prefer the manual ones on our new Cherokee 254Q. They seem a lot more solid and stabilize the unit much better. On pop ups, we had one for two years and finally got tired of looking fearfully into the sky when a cloud covered the sun.
thumperpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperpaul View Post
Our 2014 Wildwood 21RBS had the electric stab jacks, and I have to say that I prefer the manual ones on our new Cherokee 254Q. They seem a lot more solid and stabilize the unit much better. On pop ups, we had one for two years and finally got tired of looking fearfully into the sky when a cloud covered the sun.
???????????????????????? Did i miss something?
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote