Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #1

We finally did it.

After months and months of looking online then traveling to more dealers than we can count. My wife and I on a whim visited a local dealer the weekend of the 4th. They were closed that Saturday. I wasn't aware they'd be closed, but they're a small 9 employee dealer who's been in business since 1971. They pride themselves on customer service and our whole buying experience has showed that. The original owners son now runs the business and is the head tech. He was more than helpful in our process and sometimes you just get a feeling about a dealer. We had that leaving on our 2nd visit. I started researching the dealership and I really looked hard and I couldn't find one single bad review about them. Each employee has been there a minimum of 9 years, which to me, says a lot in this business. Anyway we picked up our 2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH today. I took my Tom Boles PDI checklist with me and spent a couple of hours going through. One vent had a rattle which was wrapper that hadn't been removed. I also had to tighten a few fittings as I've read that has been a notorious problem. I can't wait to go and try this baby out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_151131.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	114111   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_151146.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	114112  
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #2

very nice, congrats, let the good times roll
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #3

Had one for several years. We loved it and you will too. Go enjoy and congrats!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #4

Congrats on your 2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #5

Congrats! We purchased the same trailer 3 weeks ago. We will be making our second trip tomorrow! We love our 26dbh so far!
Moellerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moellerdan View Post
Congrats! We purchased the same trailer 3 weeks ago. We will be making our second trip tomorrow! We love our 26dbh so far!
We were undecided till last week so we planned our Tennessee trip non-camping this year. We're planning on going local the weekend after we get back.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2016, 04:52 PM   #7

Congrats on your purchase and welcome from Southern Illinois. I have a 2015 model and I like the upgrades that I see on yours.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #8

Congrats. Excellent choice. Welcome from Port St Lucie FL
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Congrats on your purchase and welcome from Southern Illinois. I have a 2015 model and I like the upgrades that I see on yours.
Thanks. I'm still undecided if I like the electric stabalizers. The electric togune jack is nice but I was used to cranking and it seems slower than manual. The electric awning is by far my favorite feature. I loathed the awning on our popup. The bag sucked and the awning did too. This is way bigger too. The led lights are cool. I'm sure they're Uber bright.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
Thanks. I'm still undecided if I like the electric stabalizers. The electric togune jack is nice but I was used to cranking and it seems slower than manual. The electric awning is by far my favorite feature. I loathed the awning on our popup. The bag sucked and the awning did too. This is way bigger too. The led lights are cool. I'm sure they're Uber bright.

I think I would like to have those stab jacks, but I can crank all of mine down within 5 minutes. The tongue jack is slow for sure. Take a real good look at your awning structure as it is not designed for big wind. Never sleep or walk away from it when you have it out. If I could find a weatherman I could trust, I might feel different. The LED lights outside are blinding...

Start preparing to spend more money to protect your investment. Get some power protection first. This forum is packed with information. Use the search feature.

Always read the "For Sale" section as you may save yourself some bucks. I found a couple of members on here that sell a solution for the awning and wind issue there.

The last bit of my novel here would be to advise you to take what you need from the house and put it in the camper. Buy new stuff for the house. My wife got real keen on that plan.

Whew. My fingers are tired. Safe travels...

Old 07-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #11

Quote:
I think I would like to have those stab jacks, but I can crank all of mine down within 5 minutes. The tongue jack is slow for sure. Take a real good look at your awning structure as it is not designed for big wind. Never sleep or walk away from it when you have it out. If I could find a weatherman I could trust, I might feel different. The LED lights outside are blinding...

Start preparing to spend more money to protect your investment. Get some power protection first. This forum is packed with information. Use the search feature.

Always read the "For Sale" section as you may save yourself some bucks. I found a couple of members on here that sell a solution for the awning and wind issue there.

The last bit of my novel here would be to advise you to take what you need from the house and put it in the camper. Buy new stuff for the house. My wife got real keen on that plan.

Whew. My fingers are tired. Safe travels...

That's the first thing I told my wife. Any real wind or you leave. Awning goes up.

I'll have to search about power protection because I'm definitely clueless about that right now. Coming from a pup I'm sure it's different.

The nice thing about stuff is we have everything from popup camping. We do need a little more though. Always do.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #12

Talking

LOL, I had to break the wife of the concept putting everything into the camper. If I did not stop her we would exceed the weight limits.

What I mean is, We have a room in our house were furniture goes to die, Then she saw the camper as such a place. She tried and still does put stuff in the camper that are not needed. Why do I need a complete set of baking equipment? We don't bake.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #13

Quote:
LOL, I had to break the wife of the concept putting everything into the camper. If I did not stop her we would exceed the weight limits.

What I mean is, We have a room in our house were furniture goes to die, Then she saw the camper as such a place. She tried and still does put stuff in the camper that are not needed. Why do I need a complete set of baking equipment? We don't bake.

Ha. I see what you mean. Packing light for a popup will help me for awhile but the amount of storage is astonishing to me compared to what I'm used to.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #14

Congrats, and great looking unit!!!
Send pics of the first adventure!!
TV=1997 F250 Powerstroke
manual tranny/commercial 19.5 tires / Rickson Wheels
Edge CTS Tuner/K&N Cold Air/4 inch exhaust
patrickwstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #15

Congratulation!!! I have a much smaller Grey Wolf (23 BD and they are not making anymore) and we have really enjoyed it so far. I am sure your wife will enjoy it much more than a pop up. We went from tent camping to this unit. I really loved the floor space for the dog. The three of us are very comfortable in it.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #16

Congratulations! We have the 2013 Grey Wolf 26bh and love it. Happy Travels!

Pam and Ralph, Owings, MD
2013 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26BH
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Skeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #17

We moved from Pop-up to TT after 16 years in the Pop-up. Ditto on the Pop-Up Awning. More trouble that it was worth. Best part about a TT? Hearing rain pitter on the roof and thinking "that's nice" and rolling over. No such sweet dreams in the Pop-Up. Oh... and no more wet canvas!! Whew!

We still take pride in trying to only bring EXACTLY what we expect to eat/wear. The less we have to drag out at the end of the trip the better.

Congrats on the purchase. Hope all goes well for you.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #18

Congrats & see you out there!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #19

Congrats and happy camping.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #20

Congrats. Now enjoy the fun
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL