Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 266
We finally did it.

After months and months of looking online then traveling to more dealers than we can count. My wife and I on a whim visited a local dealer the weekend of the 4th. They were closed that Saturday. I wasn't aware they'd be closed, but they're a small 9 employee dealer who's been in business since 1971. They pride themselves on customer service and our whole buying experience has showed that. The original owners son now runs the business and is the head tech. He was more than helpful in our process and sometimes you just get a feeling about a dealer. We had that leaving on our 2nd visit. I started researching the dealership and I really looked hard and I couldn't find one single bad review about them. Each employee has been there a minimum of 9 years, which to me, says a lot in this business. Anyway we picked up our 2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH today. I took my Tom Boles PDI checklist with me and spent a couple of hours going through. One vent had a rattle which was wrapper that hadn't been removed. I also had to tighten a few fittings as I've read that has been a notorious problem. I can't wait to go and try this baby out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_151131.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	114111   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_151146.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	114112  
__________________

kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
RollingDownTheHighway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 626
very nice, congrats, let the good times roll
__________________

__________________
2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 Chevy 3500 CC, DRW (aka: bigbootyjudy)
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 5,736
Had one for several years. We loved it and you will too. Go enjoy and congrats!!!
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,111
Congrats on your 2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 73
Congrats! We purchased the same trailer 3 weeks ago. We will be making our second trip tomorrow! We love our 26dbh so far!
Moellerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moellerdan View Post
Congrats! We purchased the same trailer 3 weeks ago. We will be making our second trip tomorrow! We love our 26dbh so far!
We were undecided till last week so we planned our Tennessee trip non-camping this year. We're planning on going local the weekend after we get back.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Congrats on your purchase and welcome from Southern Illinois. I have a 2015 model and I like the upgrades that I see on yours.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Scrub175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: PSL Florida
Posts: 122
Congrats. Excellent choice. Welcome from Port St Lucie FL
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Congrats on your purchase and welcome from Southern Illinois. I have a 2015 model and I like the upgrades that I see on yours.
Thanks. I'm still undecided if I like the electric stabalizers. The electric togune jack is nice but I was used to cranking and it seems slower than manual. The electric awning is by far my favorite feature. I loathed the awning on our popup. The bag sucked and the awning did too. This is way bigger too. The led lights are cool. I'm sure they're Uber bright.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
Thanks. I'm still undecided if I like the electric stabalizers. The electric togune jack is nice but I was used to cranking and it seems slower than manual. The electric awning is by far my favorite feature. I loathed the awning on our popup. The bag sucked and the awning did too. This is way bigger too. The led lights are cool. I'm sure they're Uber bright.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
I think I would like to have those stab jacks, but I can crank all of mine down within 5 minutes. The tongue jack is slow for sure. Take a real good look at your awning structure as it is not designed for big wind. Never sleep or walk away from it when you have it out. If I could find a weatherman I could trust, I might feel different. The LED lights outside are blinding...

Start preparing to spend more money to protect your investment. Get some power protection first. This forum is packed with information. Use the search feature.

Always read the "For Sale" section as you may save yourself some bucks. I found a couple of members on here that sell a solution for the awning and wind issue there.

The last bit of my novel here would be to advise you to take what you need from the house and put it in the camper. Buy new stuff for the house. My wife got real keen on that plan.

Whew. My fingers are tired. Safe travels...

__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I think I would like to have those stab jacks, but I can crank all of mine down within 5 minutes. The tongue jack is slow for sure. Take a real good look at your awning structure as it is not designed for big wind. Never sleep or walk away from it when you have it out. If I could find a weatherman I could trust, I might feel different. The LED lights outside are blinding...

Start preparing to spend more money to protect your investment. Get some power protection first. This forum is packed with information. Use the search feature.

Always read the "For Sale" section as you may save yourself some bucks. I found a couple of members on here that sell a solution for the awning and wind issue there.

The last bit of my novel here would be to advise you to take what you need from the house and put it in the camper. Buy new stuff for the house. My wife got real keen on that plan.

Whew. My fingers are tired. Safe travels...

That's the first thing I told my wife. Any real wind or you leave. Awning goes up.

I'll have to search about power protection because I'm definitely clueless about that right now. Coming from a pup I'm sure it's different.

The nice thing about stuff is we have everything from popup camping. We do need a little more though. Always do.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Talking

LOL, I had to break the wife of the concept putting everything into the camper. If I did not stop her we would exceed the weight limits.

What I mean is, We have a room in our house were furniture goes to die, Then she saw the camper as such a place. She tried and still does put stuff in the camper that are not needed. Why do I need a complete set of baking equipment? We don't bake.

__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: BV VA
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
LOL, I had to break the wife of the concept putting everything into the camper. If I did not stop her we would exceed the weight limits.

What I mean is, We have a room in our house were furniture goes to die, Then she saw the camper as such a place. She tried and still does put stuff in the camper that are not needed. Why do I need a complete set of baking equipment? We don't bake.

Ha. I see what you mean. Packing light for a popup will help me for awhile but the amount of storage is astonishing to me compared to what I'm used to.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf Limited 26BH
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #14
Member
 
patrickwstewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: kansas city
Posts: 47
Congrats, and great looking unit!!!
Send pics of the first adventure!!
__________________
Patrick Stewart
2015 Flagstaff V-Lite (empty nester model)
2002 Lance 821
TV=1997 F250 Powerstroke
manual tranny/commercial 19.5 tires / Rickson Wheels
Edge CTS Tuner/K&N Cold Air/4 inch exhaust
patrickwstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
mdstudey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rio Hondo, TX
Posts: 501
Congratulation!!! I have a much smaller Grey Wolf (23 BD and they are not making anymore) and we have really enjoyed it so far. I am sure your wife will enjoy it much more than a pop up. We went from tent camping to this unit. I really loved the floor space for the dog. The three of us are very comfortable in it.
__________________
Chuck & Denise + Pata, The Purple Princess Peanut, Ziggy the pole cat and Kazumba the parrot

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 19
Congratulations! We have the 2013 Grey Wolf 26bh and love it. Happy Travels!
__________________

Pam and Ralph, Owings, MD
2013 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26BH
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Skeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 131
We moved from Pop-up to TT after 16 years in the Pop-up. Ditto on the Pop-Up Awning. More trouble that it was worth. Best part about a TT? Hearing rain pitter on the roof and thinking "that's nice" and rolling over. No such sweet dreams in the Pop-Up. Oh... and no more wet canvas!! Whew!

We still take pride in trying to only bring EXACTLY what we expect to eat/wear. The less we have to drag out at the end of the trip the better.

Congrats on the purchase. Hope all goes well for you.
__________________
Joe & Sue - Camp Mutt Dazey
2008 Flagstaff Super Lite 26RKS
2008 Ford F-150

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
camaraderie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,266
Congrats & see you out there!
__________________
________
Cam
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,044
Congrats and happy camping.
__________________
2009 Ram 3500 Mega Cab
2018 Wilderness 2450FB

2014 Dodge Durango
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 425
Congrats. Now enjoy the fun
__________________

__________________
Sandy and Steve
Chooie, Baby, Grizzly, Sophie the 4 fur babies
2018 Rockwood 8301WS fiver
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


×