Old 08-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

What did you pay for your Wolf Pup?

I paid $10,500 for my 2017 Wolf Pup.

I bought it in April 2016, but it came titled as a 2017 (don't know why).

I'm just curious what others have paid. I haven't met anyone who's paid less than $15k. And that has me pondering how the dealership I purchased it from sells them so low....

Old 08-16-2016, 11:19 AM   #2

We bought our 2017 Wolf Pup in June and paid 10, 500. So the same as you.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #3

Just finalized on a '17 16bhs for $10,900 out the door. Last one out of 6 that I watched sell over the last 10 days so I wanted to grab it instead of waiting for restocking.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #4

We paid $11.9k for our 16BHS, which was reasonably competitive with the few other Wolf Pups in the area. We're headed out for for third trip this weekend and really looking forward to it. So far I don't really have much in the way of complaints. Do any of you have any likes or dislikes worth mentioning?

Edit: Side question, what tow vehicles are you guys using? We have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder, with the 4L V6. It's rated for 6000lb tow capacity and 600 tongue weight. It tows it decently on flat roads, but I don't know that I'd feel comfortable heading up a mountain with it. I think we're probably gonna start looking for something bigger once we start branching out more.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:18 PM   #5

We pull with a 2013 honda pilot. Tow capacity 4500. We went over some steep and gnarly hills recently and traveling slow and steady did very well. As for complaints, none. Added hooks near entry, and dorm room cubby next to bed so had a place for books, etc.. Other than that, we are completely happy.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #6

By the way, we did add lips on the dinette seats because we wanted another bed. I'm not sure why they weren't there to begin with. Everyone assumes you can turn the dinette into a bed but without lips for making the surface flat... anyway, that's the only strange thing we found.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #7

Our price on a 2016 FQ16 was in the same range. We've been on four trips so far and are reasonably happy. This camper has much less storage than our old 25 footer. I added drawers to the foot end of the queen bed support which makes a big difference. (photos coming soon) It also did not come with a medicine cabinet or mirror over the sink so I installed that as well.

We are pulling it with a 2004 Oldsmobile Bravada. It does fine though you can tell it is working a bit harder when you have a head wind. I'd not like to try it in the mountains.
CJ (Claudia Jean) Pit/Lab mix
2016 Trips 6 Nights 18
Prof and Agate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #8

Hmmm, I feel pretty lucky right now. My wife and I bought our 2015 Pup Labor Day weekend of 2015. We paid $8,500. Towed it off the showroom floor. We had a Trailblazer Ext 4.2 liter V6 at that time. Rated at I think 5,000 lbs towing. It towed it around Ohio just fine. We towed the Pup to South Carolina and I was worried we wouldn't make the trip after going up and down some of the mountains in West Virginia and Carolina's. Trans was running hot and we had Semi's passing us on the up hills. So I bought a really nice shape low miles Silverado 2500HD. Now I barely notice the camper weight. Just out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a Wolf Pup group? Then we could compare mods and stuff?
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 PM   #9

A Wolf Pup group might be fun.
CJ (Claudia Jean) Pit/Lab mix
2016 Trips 6 Nights 18
Prof and Agate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #10

Just finished our first Camping trip with the new Wolf Pup bunkhouse and we love it. I'm already made a half dozen mods and I will post a thread with the best. We tow it with a 2016 Canyon midsize truck. It tows great but you do need mirror extenders as the truck is much narrower then a full size. I don't think a weight distribution hitch is needed as the trailer only drops the truck about an inch and a half.