Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #21
Arn
Arn

If it turns, turn it. If it slides, slide it. If it toggles, toggle it. Touch everything that moves & don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't move on to the next item until you are comfortable with the last one. Most importantly, if in doubt ask a question here. You won't be told to do a search, you'll be helped. That help is the reason I still follow this forum.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #22

Start your list with a check to see if all recalls have been completed if any apply. Take your camera to record positions of switches, drains and even battery connections (black isn't always -) and drains. Take time for hitch adjustment questions and lp gas regulator use and how to remove tank. Since manuals cover several variations of each of the appliances, good time to identify which ones you have and note on manuals that may have seperate registrations for them. Your weather looks good, enjoy your new TT
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:28 AM   #23

Well, I called yesterday and set up a date to go do the PDI. Looks like next Friday the 18th.

I went to the library here and printed out the extensive checklist (exactly what I was looking for) and I will add a sheet of my own questions that are not on there.

I plan on bringing a notebook, unfortunately the wife will be working so my son and I will go. He has very high functioning autism and I need to have him keep himself busy. He's excited about getting the TT but will lose interest after about 15 minutes and start distracting me. So I try to keep him occupied.
Goodyear Endurance Tires
Dr-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:51 AM   #24

I'm not sure if it's possible for you, but, when I bought our trailer I told the dealer that I wouldn't pick it up until April even though they took delivery in January.

They stored it at an offsite yard no cost. I would not wan to be doing a PDI in winter, you wind up getting rushed.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #25

I am going to see if they can do it indoors. People mentioned earlier in the thread that I may get pushed off as the weather gets nicer and may not get it as soon as I want if things need to be addressed and they are busy with others starting to come in.

We are in a warm spell and hopefully it will last now. Every time I think Spring is coming, it snows again.
Goodyear Endurance Tires
Dr-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:57 AM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
X2 - and don't assume the tech will go over everything and don't assume he/she knows how everything works. If you don't feel comfortable with the tech knowing everything, ask questions.
Don't be afraid to ask for another PDI Tech if the one you get starts making stuff up. Some of the threads here regarding PDIs are horrific.

If it is your first unit, you are at the mercy of the Tech. Pay attention and if it sounds "iffy" run it by the membership here. Someone will be sure to set you straight (and if not, the rest will make sure you do get the right "info").
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #27

I took delivery in the rain in the cold without distractions of children. Arrived early to see if prep work was done. Tech did best he could in terrible weather, but we were both hurried by temperatures. I like inside suggestion. I would have asked more questions about wd hitch and had wrenches for it in my tool kit. You will learn by doing. Good luck and enjoy it as soon as you can. The entire neighborhood arrived in time for my first back-in to my drive and crossing Big Mac on the way home got my feet wet right away..
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote