Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #11

Could have had water damage at one point and when the jacked it up they tweeked the whole trailer causing the cracking. Very wierd for it to all of a sudden appear when you took it to the dealer.

Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
We had the axles and tires replaced on our 2011 Greywolf. When we got it home and went inside, look what we found...This was not like this when we dropped it off, any ideas on how this happened?

was it raining while it was at the dealer? This is interesting because I believe that the dinette is probably right above the axle's... they had to have slammed that TT down or dropped it off the jack stands...look underneath and see if the liner under the belly has any signs of damage.. i bet there is something under there

Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #13

The roof vent has one of the covers. The dealer said this morning, it looks like "condensation" and all the trailers do it. He offered some tape to put over it. I have a call into FR.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #14

Yes about 3 inches of condensation! Your trailer got water in it from something. If they power washed it, alot of water can come in from refrigerator vent. When I power wash, my wife stays inside to wipe up the floor all around the fridge and I try not to spray that vent.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #15

I'm sorry but I have never seen condensation in my camper. Maybe a tent camper or a hybrid may get some around the canvas but nothing like that. Something else happened.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #16

I would agree with water damage. Would have to had to have been a heck of a lot of water getting in. If you look at the top photo you can almost see vertical streaks from water running down. Almost seems like it came down onto the counter and then ran off? Any any other tell signs of water ingress? Water-logged seat cushions, pooling water in cabinets, etc? Take the bezel off the ceiling fan and look for signs of water getting in.

Perhaps they left the trailer jack on an angle overnight which allowed water to get inside easier? This sure isn't condensation damage. Wouldn't you think they'd check for open roof vents? Bottom line is that your unit was in their hands when it was in their shop and they returned it like that. Time for Judge Judy....
Old 08-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
The dealer said this morning, it looks like "condensation" and all the trailers do it.
Condensation!!??!! You gotta be kidding me. That would be extremely hard to believe. And why would the condensation just be in that one local area. Sorry, but I have to throw the "BS" flag down on this one.

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

BradinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #18

Big Dawg,

We have the same unit and have not exprienced this. I think they did something when they were working on your unit. I do not know what is involved in changing the axels but it looks like the torqued the trailer or dropped it. Time to take a bit out of some rear end.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #19

Not buying water damage. Looks more like "sudden impact" (and I do not mean the movie). Looks like the veneer tape has stressed to separation and there is NO WATER LINES/DISCOLORATION on the plywood of the dinette seat. Did not look like any water anywhere else in the pix and damage at the top of the dinette seat back is really strange. Definetely something going on and a good look under your TT will have tale to tell.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
GM

Looks like the wood is swollen from water damage...or that wood was torqued so bad it split??? But not sure why it was just in that area.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote