Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Winterizing Grey Wolf 29BH

Hi, anyone have any experience winterizing a 29BH? I havenít looked yet to see if there is a winterizing kit installed (hose and valve to suck antifreeze). Any tips with this unit? Does the winterizing kit come installed from factory?

Thanks!
__________________

flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
Member
 
cherokeewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
My 2018 29BH did not come with a winterizing kit. Water pump is at the bottom of my pantry which is accessible thru a removable panel. I did install a winterizing kit at the pump as well as a door for quick access.
Typically I use an air compressor to blow out my lines from the city water connection and then fill all lines with RV antifreeze using bypass kit and water pump Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8444.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	185981Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8445.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	185982
__________________

cherokeewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeewolf View Post
My 2018 29BH did not come with a winterizing kit. Water pump is at the bottom of my pantry which is accessible thru a removable panel. I did install a winterizing kit at the pump as well as a door for quick access.
Typically I use an air compressor to blow out my lines from the city water connection and then fill all lines with RV antifreeze using bypass kit and water pump Attachment 185981Attachment 185982


Thanks. Iíll have to get the kit installed. What about the hot water bypass lever? Is there one somewhere?
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
Member
 
cherokeewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
On my unit the hot water bypass is at the HWH. Access was from under the front bed but also made an access door thereClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8446.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	185986Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8447.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	185987
cherokeewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BooBoo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: West Atlanta Metro
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtilley View Post
Thanks. Iíll have to get the kit installed. What about the hot water bypass lever? Is there one somewhere?
The bypass valve(s) are on the back side of the WH, There will be a removable panel on the back of the WH, there are no levers, there are valves and depending on your RV there could be 1,2, or 3 valves. Many videos on the subject on You Tube.
__________________
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS
2011 F-150 Super Crew XLT
Days camped in 2014 - 23 Camped 2015-47
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:59 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
The bypass valve(s) are on the back side of the WH, There will be a removable panel on the back of the WH, there are no levers, there are valves and depending on your RV there could be 1,2, or 3 valves. Many videos on the subject on You Tube.


Thanks. I know there are a lot of videos but my question is specific to the 29BH model.
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:09 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtilley View Post
Thanks. I know there are a lot of videos but my question is specific to the 29BH model.
You'll find multiple TT's that use the same basic setup as the 29BH. Had a 07 Jayco and now have a 2018 Cherokee and I still do basically the same thing to winterize the Cherokee as I did on the Jayco.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Winterizing Grey Wolf 29BH

So I bought the camco winterizing kit and was going to install it today in my 29BH. The install never happened as Iím not entirely sure how it connects to the vacuum end of the pump. The pump has this black thing attached as per my pics. Iím not sure how to take it off or connect the new valve to it. Can someone whoís done this before offer some help. I donít want to call the dealer. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5223.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	186539Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5221.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	186540Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5222.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	186541Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5220.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	186542Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5224.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	439.4 KB
ID:	186543
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:01 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Citrus County Fl.
Posts: 47
The black thing with the label on top is a water filter (the side should be clear and have a stainless steel wire mesh inside of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_160238.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	186555   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_160304.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	186556  
carbuthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuthn View Post
The black thing with the label on top is a water filter (the side should be clear and have a stainless steel wire mesh inside of it.


Thanks. I should be able to just unscrew it from the pump and install the winterizing valve?
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuthn View Post
The black thing with the label on top is a water filter (the side should be clear and have a stainless steel wire mesh inside of it.


It looks like I can just leave that on there and remove the white hose from it? Problem is I only got about 3Ē before that hose goes down into the floor and then covered with spray foam. How does that metal hose clip come off?
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 85
I ended up cutting the white tube to put in the tee. Your going to need some hose clamps and barbed hose connectors to connect the hoses back. I ended up getting it all at the hardware store. Take the tee with you so you can get the barbed ends that thread on to each side, make sure you get the right size for the hose. There are several types of clamps pick the ones you are comfortable with. When ready to install just spit on the barbed end to slide the tube on easier.
Bedlinedf250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlinedf250 View Post
I ended up cutting the white tube to put in the tee. Your going to need some hose clamps and barbed hose connectors to connect the hoses back. I ended up getting it all at the hardware store. Take the tee with you so you can get the barbed ends that thread on to each side, make sure you get the right size for the hose. There are several types of clamps pick the ones you are comfortable with. When ready to install just spit on the barbed end to slide the tube on easier.


Thanks! I think Iím gonna need to buy some more white hose. Like I said I only got about 3Ē to work with then it goes down the floor. This could be a challenge. Not sure why they didnít spare more hose there.
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 85
If you splice the hose and install the tee connector remember it's going to add to the length. I didn't have to add any tubing.
Bedlinedf250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Citrus County Fl.
Posts: 47
The metal ring is a stainless steel pex clamp. They are crimped onto the hose and fitting. They have to be cut off normally. The fitting maybe unscrew from the strainer (depends on the strainer).

Also you may have some extra hose under the floor, but you will need to pull out some of the foam to tell. A can of foam is 4 - 5 dollars. I normally try to use up the can. You often have spaces underneath that can be filled.
carbuthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #16
Not a newbie
 
Johnfort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 580
Disconnect the hose from the filter and install the valve in the end of the hose. Then add 18" of hose to the other end of the valve and loop it back into the suction side of the strainer (filter).
Johnfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #17
Not a newbie
 
Johnfort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 580
THAT'S why I get the "big bucks".
Johnfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Thanks for the tips guys! This really helps!
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
flashtilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21
Btw, is it normal for the manufacturer to leave that much mess in there? Looks like they forgot to vacuum it out.
flashtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #20
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtilley View Post
Btw, is it normal for the manufacturer to leave that much mess in there? Looks like they forgot to vacuum it out.
Yep, pretty darn normal.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grey wolf, winter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.


×