Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #1

Wolf Pup 16BHS Black Label

Seems as nice as the high priced whisky.

I'd like to replace my counter top/sink/gas range to the set up on this model. Looks a bit more modern and I like the lid on the gas range which makes use of the full counter top when not using the range.

The other feature is outlets, RCA, antenna in the common area for the TV above the bed. The Bunks looked to have quilted pads.

The fiberglass outside and design is really sharp!

2019 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup Black Label 16BHS Fiberglass Ext sale at Best RV Center 236464

WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:48 PM   #2

I just picked up an 18TO Black Label. All of the upgrades over the Limited are very nice. The bunk pads are definitely better. The "pillow top" queen mattress, however, is like sleeping on a sheet of plywood.
“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” - Theodore Roosevelt

TV: 2003 F250 V10 4X4
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 18TO Black Label
Maticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #3

Black label

Taking delivery of my 16bhs black label in a month, the upgrades in the kitchen alone are worth the extra in price, the sink, countertop and fridge, as well as the mattress upgrades. I looked at a regular version first and was not impressed. We traded in our 2014 Jayco Sport 8, bought “used” 3 years ago (I don’t think it was used at all before I got it). A bathroom, freezer, A/C, will all be nice to have now!
Danhikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #4

Fiberglass is nice. The kitchen upgrades are wonderful. If I could get that to install in mine, I'd be real happy. Original mattress, except in top line units, suck anyways. Go Zinus off Amazon, you'll be glad you did. I see an electric tongue jack, nice. From the picture, it looks like either the black tank drain or the TT itself is raised up a bit. No rear rack though, unlike the Limited. All tilt out windows, great in the rain. Plus all left side windows are the emergency escape types. I only have one by the master bed, lol others are gliders.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Fiberglass is nice. The kitchen upgrades are wonderful. If I could get that to install in mine, I'd be real happy. Original mattress, except in top line units, suck anyways. Go Zinus off Amazon, you'll be glad you did. I see an electric tongue jack, nice. From the picture, it looks like either the black tank drain or the TT itself is raised up a bit. No rear rack though, unlike the Limited. All tilt out windows, great in the rain. Plus all left side windows are the emergency escape types. I only have one by the master bed, lol others are gliders.
Mine does have the rack in the back, I thought Black Label was loaded/had everything.
Danhikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhikeski View Post
Mine does have the rack in the back, I thought Black Label was loaded/had everything.
It does have everything...available at the time of production. Mine did not come with a bumper rack, but did come with a dog leash anchor. They also added a sink in the shower, but got rid of the tub and replaced with just a flat shower pan.
“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Old 04-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #7

Forest River website doesn't have but a couple black label pics.
I did a look on Utube to check on the sink in the BR deal, couldn't find one. I did see where some were shown with a shower lip vs. the mini-bathtub. The newer shower surround does have corner shelves added. One video showed a magnetic catch for the underbed storage door (like I added to mine), another did not. Also one video had a porch light by the bunk cargo door. They did add a propane tank cover on the limited, too.
Is the under the overhead sink cabinet black thing sticking down an electrical outlet? I see none in the kitchen otherwise.
Another upgrade is the 12' awning. My limited has a 10' awning.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #8

Mine is the 18TO, but the "upgrades" should be the same. I'll post up some kitchen and bathroom detail shots once I get home.

Yes, the black box on the under side of the kitchen cabinets is a GFCI receptacle.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #9

Here's those pictures I promised.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190426_191704454.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	202968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190426_191724191.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	202969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190426_191741996.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	202970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190426_191848818.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	202971  
Old 04-26-2019, 09:56 PM   #10

Really nice! Maticuno

I have the 2018 limited, I did look into how much it would cost to replace the range to a flat inset one and its pretty expensive.
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPup2018 View Post
Really nice! Maticuno

I have the 2018 limited, I did look into how much it would cost to replace the range to a flat inset one and its pretty expensive.
They had a 2018 18TO Limited on the lot when we went to look. It's what sold us on the floor plan. We really wanted the Black Label upgrades and had to order it, so we didn't get as good of a deal as we could have on the Limited. It was a little over 3 months from the date of the order to the day I took delivery.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
They had a 2018 18TO Limited on the lot when we went to look. It's what sold us on the floor plan. We really wanted the Black Label upgrades and had to order it, so we didn't get as good of a deal as we could have on the Limited. It was a little over 3 months from the date of the order to the day I took delivery.
AFAIK, the Black Label wasn't out yet last year when I got my 2019 Limited 16BHS in April of 2018.
I got what I considered a fantastic price on it, $11,500 base price. Much as I love the Black Label improvements, I'd have had to seriously consider any price differences. Overall, I'm very happy with my TT. It has everything I wanted that was available at the time in a small TT at a great price, even if I did have to travel 160 miles away to another state to get it.
I'll just have to deal with being jealous of the features you got in yours
For that matter, also the other changes that I like in later 2019 Limiteds.
I did get the big refrigerator at least.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #13

We love our Black Label

Hey there,

We just bought our 16BHS Black Label in February and used it for the first time this past weekend (2 nights of boondocking) We love it! There are a few little gripes but its a great little unit. I (mama) do primarily all the cooking and clean up and that sink is an absolute game changer.

It took us many months if not years at looking at BH campers before choosing the Cherokee Wolf Pup. I honestly wouldn't have selected this unit if it wasn't with the Black Label upgrades. The mattress for the queen is terrible! I'm going to be figuring out a Mod or upgrade for that ASAP.
“There is no Wi-fi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection.”
sstevens650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevens650 View Post
The mattress for the queen is terrible! I'm going to be figuring out a Mod or upgrade for that ASAP.
Agreed. It probably would have been just as comfortable sleeping on the plywood support under the mattress. This mattress on Amazon has a ridiculous amount of positive reviews. We'll probably be buying one before the next outing.

https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Deluxe-...-garden&sr=1-3

Old 04-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Agreed. It probably would have been just as comfortable sleeping on the plywood support under the mattress. This mattress on Amazon has a ridiculous amount of positive reviews. We'll probably be buying one before the next outing.

https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Deluxe-...-garden&sr=1-3
Ha ha! It was so bad. Well not as bad as a tent on the ground but almost...

Us too! Plus the mattress protector and sheets. Good $250 investment. Our next trip is Mother’s Day weekend so I need to move on it if I want the extra comfort.

About to go measure myself once the LO’s take a nap. Will it fit for sure? My husband thinks 8” is thick. Are you worried about the struts for the lifts handling the weight? I think I read it weighs 40 pounds..
“There is no Wi-fi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection.”
Old 04-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #16

I got the 8", they wouldn't free Prime ship 10".
Note the lift cylinders are not placed for even weight distribution when lifting. Not much you can do about it due to the support construction. BUT it's aggravated by the lift handle position. DO NOT reposition it to center due to the lift cylinder positions. I tried that first. Hold the bed slightly lifted and with one hand find the "lifting center" as determined by the bed weight and cylinder assist. It'll be off center. Makes a big difference. Remount the lift handle there.
The Zinus 8" is a HUGE improvement.
Next is the Zinus RV bunk replacements. Delayed since I just bought a new TV.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:22 PM   #17

The price on those bad boys just shot up like $50. I jumped on eBay and was able to get one shipped for $177. I’m happy. Can’t wait to get our new mattress.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #18

Sink cover

Quote:
Here's those pictures I promised.
Does anyone know if its possible to buy that sink cover? We got the limited one and I'd like to have that for the counter space.
WolfpupNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpupNewbie View Post
Does anyone know if its possible to buy that sink cover? We got the limited one and I'd like to have that for the counter space.
You'd have to replace the entire sink. The Black Label uses a round under-mount sink which is why the sink covers are flush with the rest of the counter.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #20

Quote:
You'd have to replace the entire sink. The Black Label uses a round under-mount sink which is why the sink covers are flush with the rest of the counter.
We got the 2020 16bhs limited, but our sink is under mount. Looks identical to that kitchen except for the lighting underneath. But same counters, same sink. Looks like your faucet is different than ours, but same sink.
WolfpupNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, wolf pup