Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #1

Wolf Pup 16BHS TV mount

Here are some pics of my new wolf pup tv mount. I have a 16BHS and ordered this mount from Amazon with a new Paw International TV mount so I can take the TV off and hang it on the outside mount (for evening movies!). I mounted the female mount to the swivel mount and the male to the back of the TV. I take the tv off when we travel but I am confident it would not fall, I just do not want it to be swinging around inside the trailer while traveling (lots of curvy roads here in MO). There is a stud that runs beside the window and I used 1 1/2" lag screws to mount the TV mount. I ran the antenna cable above the door. You can also run the avi cables above the door, and plug it in with an extension cord if need be. The TV is a Samsung 24" smart tv.

Hope this helps out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mount 1.jpg
Views:	3060
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	129687   Click image for larger version

Name:	mount 2.jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	129688   Click image for larger version

Name:	paw 1.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	129689   Click image for larger version

Name:	paw 2.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	129690  
psenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #2

Looks great. I bought a TV during the black Friday madness and as soon as my 16bhs is out of storage I plan on mounting it. I'll have to find a mount like you did.
1201alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #3

That's awesome! I wanted to do something similar last year, only I stained a pine board to match the cabinets and mounted the tv mount to the board. I've been wanting to mount the board on the wall in that exact spot but I was unsure about the studs. Could you tell me exactly how far from the door that stud is? Did you just use a stud finder to locate it?
jblake4124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 PM   #4

I did use a stud finder to make sure, but the stud runs right beside the window frame to the roof. It is pretty wide-almost like a full stud width, so you should not have a problem finding it.

if you are interested in the mount here is an amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
psenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:48 PM   #5

Try monoprice.com for TV mounts. They have quite a selection and very good prices for all types and styles.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:03 PM   #6

We have a similar but much larger tv mount holding a 38" Sony in our bedroom at home. They work great. Try tightening the screws in each hinge and you probably won't have to worry about it swinging around during travel.
2016 Nights Camped 23 (3 in popup)

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
mac.dblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #7

I've always just put two eye hooks in the wall on each side of the folded TV and strapped a bungie cord across to hold the TV tight to the wall when traveling.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1201alarm View Post
I've always just put two eye hooks in the wall on each side of the folded TV and strapped a bungie cord across to hold the TV tight to the wall when traveling.
I would think you're going to end up with some scratching on the TV bezel from the bungie, NO? I have seen many people do this, but I just unplug the cable and place it face down on the bed when traveling.

I helped this nice guy a few years ago, back into a very tight campsite next to me. He started setting up and heard him talking (Bitching) about the TV to his wife. Turns out the entire mount pulled away from the wall leaving his TV sliding around on the floor. Looks like he used to large of a drill bit to install the screws and they didn't have enough bite into the studs to hold his heavy mount with TV. Keeping that TV close to the wall is a GREAT idea.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kevin View Post
I would think you're going to end up with some scratching on the TV bezel from the bungie, NO? I.
maybe, I've not noticed any in the past though. Its a $90 tv so I am not too worried if there are scuffs.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #10

I too just got a 2017 wolf pup bhs and was a little surprised about how off center the outside mount is to the speakers. I am making a plate with a tv mount bracket on the back and wall mount on the front that correct the offset so that my tv wont be covering one speaker. I ordered a 3 piece paw mounting set form ebay to make it and using an aluminum plate to create the offset. anyone do that yet?
bigred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #11

I finally got around to installing the TV (Samsung 24" "Smart TV"). It was a nice addition to the camper and helped on our recent trip which was full of rainy days.

Still need to clean up the cables with some cable track or a hole in cabinet, but this is what I have so far.

With no Cable, no over-the-air signal, no wifi, we relied on the USB port and "JumpDrive" (USB Flashdrive), as well as cell data (Used sparingly).

NOTE: Few ways we get content on this TV.
1. Digital/standard Over the Air (COAX with Amp turned on)
2. Wifi - SmartTV apps like Netflix etc.
3. USB Flash Drive/stick (Format/convert videos to .MPG4 1366x768)
4. iPhone using Apple A/V Adapter to HDMI port on TV.

K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #12

Screws to use?

Are the 1 1/2" Lag Screws the way to go for this -- or should I go a little shorter? I'm sure you also predrilled a bit too?

Just picked up this one for $12 for a 19" TV
AllenGot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:12 PM   #13

You want to be VERY CAREFUL not to poke a hole in your outside wall. I had to cut mine off when installing the mount. Pre-drilled the holes after measuring the thickness of the wall, started the full screw into the wall a few turns and then backed it out and cut it and put it back in. Make sure you don't oversize the hole as a previous poster did. Most of these wall studs are soft wood. Also be careful to get in the center of the stud (and the drill hole isn't too small, too) so you don't crack the wood inside the wall. We had a release on our mount so we could take the TV off for travel. Had a special place under a fold up counter I made for the storage. Put a regular small bath towel over the set and strapped it in. Worked great. Sold the trailer so I don't have a storage pic to show. New trailer came with a pre-mounted TV. Hope you enjoy your new set.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount