Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #1

Wolf Pup 16FQ Water Pump

Brand new to the RV life, we are prepping to go out on our maiden voyage in our new 16FQ. I think I have a good handle on how everything works and hooking up to shore power and water. My only question is where is the water pump located and does it power on automatically or is it something I have to do manually. Thanks for the help.

Scott
sgwood24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #2

If you are hooking up to power and water ( to the city fill not the gravity fill ) you will not need to run the water pump, the pressure from the water line is all that is needed, I would also recommend a water pressure regulator, a lot of campgrounds have high pressure to get water to everyone and can be to much for PEX fittings

If you don’t have a water hookup and are filling your water tank then the water pump switch should be on your panel with your indicator levels for your tanks
mz_cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:49 AM   #3

Also make sure your water heater is full of water before using it, you can burn out the electric water heater element if it is empty
Old 03-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #4

Thanks

Thanks, I will go check for the switch, might have overlooked it. I did get a regulator thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:03 PM   #5

Located under kitchen sink behind panel. Switch on wall for pump and water heater.
remach67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #6

good luck...just something that I found in my Wolf Pup...the switch to turn on the electric water heating element on the heater itself (acceessed from outside on the face of the heater) is installed upside down...in other words in the up position the electric element is off and in the down position the element is energized. so if you think you turned off your heating element locally by putting the switch in the down position...its still on if the inside control switch is on. you have to read the switch label to see if yours is upside down.
bigred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwood24 View Post
Thanks, I will go check for the switch, might have overlooked it. I did get a regulator thanks for the reminder.
Just a note. Once switched ON, the pump will cycle ON and OFF as needed automatically. The pump could cycle fast or slow depending on demand from the faucets.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:50 PM   #8

If you are looking for the water pump switch, on my Wolf Pup 16BHS it is on the wall between the sink and the cooktop, on the small panel with the holding tank and battery status indicators. If you are looking for the actual water pump, yours might be different but mine is in a compartment near the water heater and adjacent to the forward storage area under the bed.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #9

same as my 2017 wolf pup
bigred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #10

Thanks, so just so I am clear I have to turn it on from the outside after it is filled with water, then turn it on at the switch on the inside. LOL I have so much to learn.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks, so just so I am clear I have to turn it on from the outside after it is filled with water, then turn it on at the switch on the inside. LOL I have so much to learn.

The switch outside that you access through your water heater panel is for the electric water heater element

There should be two switches on your tank level indicator pad, one for water pump and one for LP water heater
Old 03-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	199288

Should have something like this somewhere in your camper

LP is for your water heater

Pump is for your water pump
Old 03-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #13

Ahhh, now I'm tracking. Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #14

Quote:
As noted above, if you are hooked up to city water, you won’t switch the pump on at all. The water pressure from the water source will do the work of the pump. If you are using your trailer’s fresh water tank as your water source, then you will use the pump, using just the switch inside the trailer. But you would be turning the pump on only when you need it - for showering, washing dishes,etc - and off when you don’t.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Brand new to the RV life, we are prepping to go out on our maiden voyage in our new 16FQ. I think I have a good handle on how everything works and hooking up to shore power and water. My only question is where is the water pump located and does it power on automatically or is it something I have to do manually. Thanks for the help.

Scott
you need to turn on the faucet(hot and cold) and what else you have to purge the air from the water lines before you turn on the water heater, it still could be dry. Not a lot to learn just something new
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_cummins View Post
Attachment 199288

Should have something like this somewhere in your camper

LP is for your water heater

Pump is for your water pump
Ok so a question on this.

The button is for propane, then the switch outside in the water heater is for electrical? So if I am dry camping, only use the button inside, then make sure the switch is off outside?
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump, wolf pup