Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #1

Wolf Pup 18TO

Has anyone toured or purchased the Wolf Pup 18TO? I was pretty much sold on the Wolf Pup 16FQ but then I saw the new 18TO for this year and I love the additional space from the slide and seating area. Naturally, it's heavier but I still think it could be towed by a full size SUV.
mothercoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:00 PM   #2

Wow, that many of you! Lol
Old 06-26-2016, 06:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothercoder View Post
Has anyone toured or purchased the Wolf Pup 18TO? I was pretty much sold on the Wolf Pup 16FQ but then I saw the new 18TO for this year and I love the additional space from the slide and seating area. Naturally, it's heavier but I still think it could be towed by a full size SUV.

I just bought one 2 weeks ago. It only weights 3800 and I'm towing it with a Chevy Traverse. Love it so far, if you looking at a smaller camper, but still want room and be able to sleep up to 7 people. The Slide out makes a huge difference. Let me know if you have any questions about it
jerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:54 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear you're enjoying it. I love that they added a slide. It will only be me and a big dog so not worried about how many it sleeps but I do like the more spacious feeling in such a light weight TT.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #5

yeah it adds alot more room and the couch is really nice too. I can tell you we spent one night on the mattress and the next day we bought a mattress topper at costco.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #6

Yes I automatically assumed I would need to do something with the mattress. Does the AC cool pretty well?
Old 06-26-2016, 07:24 PM   #7

yes it does. Its been around 90 to 100 degrees and it stays cold in the camper. The holding tanks are smaller, but if your by your self it should be fine.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #8

Excellent! Thanks.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:28 PM   #9

Just bought one last week, haven't had it out of the driveway yet, but can't wait!
tkgosdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #10

My wife and I have the smaller Pup. 16FB. We love it. I was towing ut with 4.2 liter v6 Trailblazer Ext. Full tow package. Was fine on small hills. Once we started going thru mountains we found the trailblazer to be severely under powered. I just bumped up to a Silverado. Now it pulls easy.
Marty529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #11

I picked up my first tt in September, it took me 2 months to order it from manufacturer. So I missed the summer fun. Anyway, the design is awesome. No other tt can beat 18TO with lots of features in low price. I was so desperate to go through every details after I pickup, just like my new car. I started to curse the person who put everything together. It was not aligned at the bunk bed hinges, bed frame used scrap wood, panel installed inside out, and lots of little things that didn't do a good job and pasted inspection. I understand that the 18TO was less than $15k, but it was not what I would expected. This thing was not a few thousand bucks or a used one, it is a brand new one. I don't know how other wolf pup qualities are comparing to mine. Overall I really like the design because it just fit my 8 ft driveway and no other has 7ft design with slide out. Well, this is my first one and I'm going to use it this coming October. I hope the slide out will last and no water leaks. Good luck to everyone.
Happyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #12

The 18TO is on a short list for my wife, our two children, and me. That list also includes an r-Pod (or similar teardrop), or a popup (my preference). Wondering if any of you are still watching this thread, how your purchases have held up.
thewaymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:50 AM   #13

I might pull the trigger on the 18TO in the next couple weeks. Now I know what to look out for when inspecting the rigs. I'm sorry the quality control was missing on your trailer.
Trijicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #14

So far so good with us. We love our TO and it is our first camper
OFallinCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #15

That's great

I'm happy for all of you on your new 18TO. Does anyone planning on getting the slide out awning, I'm having of difficulty finding one that has all in a package, A lot of them are fabric only or rails without some parts, very confusing.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #16

Just camped over the weekend in our 18TO, we love it. For us its a huge upgrade in space over the RPOD 182G we had. Perfect for the wife and two young boys.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #17

Good to hear that. I can't wait till memorial weekend to use it for the first time in summer. I would like to find out does anyone of you have drawers under the seat in the dinning area? Mine has to lift up with no drawers. Photos from other sites and manufacturer has drawers.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyusa View Post
Good to hear that. I can't wait till memorial weekend to use it for the first time in summer. I would like to find out does anyone of you have drawers under the seat in the dinning area? Mine has to lift up with no drawers. Photos from other sites and manufacturer has drawers.
Mine does not have drawers, I noticed this too. Also, our queen bed does not lift up with struts like I've seen in other pictures/videos
Old 02-27-2017, 07:59 PM   #19

So what holds the bed frame while it's up?
Old 02-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyusa View Post

I bought my WolfPup18To last September and we've taken it out on 4 weekend trips last season. Camper is great for couples as well as small family. We really like it, however the only downside is a small bathroom but we deal with it for the price and interior space you cant beat this WP18To. We do have 2 gas struts that will hold the bed while is lifted up and we don't have drawers or a swing doors as far as dinette storage. I will try to get some doors from Cherokee gray wolf that will match Wold Pup color and throw some hinges on them to make life easy. I just have no idea about cost of the doors.
WolfPup18 is offline   Reply With Quote