Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 12:26 PM   #1

Wolf pup 18TO

My wife and I are looking to pick up a 2019 Wolf pup 18TO and just was looking for some first hand experience as far as quality etc. Goes.

Is the undercarriage exposed like the tanks etc or is it sealed?

My brother is trying to tell me forest river makes a bad product (he's one of those has to buy the top dollar kind of people) but from all the videos/things I've read it sounds like a nice trailer.

We have an offer from a dealer near us for a 2019 new for $15500 + taxes with a weight distributing hitch and electronic brake controller installed.
Dgm3306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #2

My wife and I bought a lightly used 2018 18TO last spring and used it this summer. We absolutely love it! Its our first camper, but have camped with my inlaws who have a nice 35' 5th wheeler thats significantly nicer. However, that being said, we LOVE the 18TO. Quality wise I think its pretty good for the price. But I am not saying its junk by any means. Some of the panels they install to block view of electric lines in cabinets and block the heater the under the bed are poorly cut and placed. However I just uninstalled them, cut them to fit better and reinstalled to give me more space. That is "cheap" quality, however I dont see that as a reason to not buy. Its not like the campers falling apart. Just small things here and there I could do better to make better use of space. As for the underside. They are not covered, they are completely open. Which doesnt bother me, I like that I can see the entire underside and not have to try and peak around panels. I think its a great camper. If you like the size and the size will work for you, then I think you will enjoy the camper with no complaints.
J8manski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:39 AM   #3

Purchased our 18TO last month. This was an upgrade from a pop up our family has been using for the past five years. I did research on a variety of forums and read several reviews. We looked at many makes and models. Ended up deciding on the Wolf Pup. It was the right blend of decent quality for the price, options and floorplan design. The main upgrades we made initially were replacing the dealer installed lead acid battery with a lithium and removing the headboard/shelf on the main bed to allow for a full queen size mattress. I agree with J8manski regarding the paneling and cabinets. I made some adjustments and changes on some of those. Next will be upgrading the tires to Goodyear Endurance.

After three camping trips we're happy with our purchase. No regrets.
NDfan131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wolf pup