Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2017, 06:05 PM   #1

Wolf Pup 18TO Owners

Wanted to see some impressions from those that purchased the WP 18TO. I've seen a couple threads where people were inquiring or had just purchased. I was hoping to get an idea of quality and overall feel after some use. I'll be pulling with a 2016 Colorado CCSB (V6 with tow package and brake controller).
thewaymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #2

I'm curious about others opinions on the Wolf Pup 18TO as well! We're seriously considering purchasing one, and will be towing it with a Ford Explorer with the tow package.
extrahorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrahorizons View Post
I'm curious about others opinions on the Wolf Pup 18TO as well! We're seriously considering purchasing one, and will be towing it with a Ford Explorer with the tow package.
I have one and love it. Especially the large slide out and couch. I've only been camping twice. No trouble yet. I am pulling it with a 2012 4wd nissan Pathfinder with brake controller. Only thing is I wish I had the digital controller. I did add a backup camera to the camper and can actually go down the road and see what's behind the trailer. Great help.
nlparrott1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlparrott1212 View Post
I have one and love it. Especially the large slide out and couch. I've only been camping twice. No trouble yet. I am pulling it with a 2012 4wd nissan Pathfinder with brake controller. Only thing is I wish I had the digital controller. I did add a backup camera to the camper and can actually go down the road and see what's behind the trailer. Great help.
What kind of backup camera did you install and how is it during backing up your rig?
Lukster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #5
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukster View Post
What kind of backup camera did you install and how is it during backing up your rig?
I am not sure. I had it done at Cartronics in Nashville. They are well known for their installations and products. It does really well. Bright when backing in the dark. I have a Pathfinder that had an after factory installed hands free, radio,satellite system. I didn't have a backup camera on it either so added backup on pathfinder and trailer and it works through my system. My favorite part is I can run the trailer camera while driving down the road. It wasn't cheap but since I added 2 cameras, being able to drive and see what was behind me, the cameras are good quality came to total of $800. Which with all those options I found out to be worth it.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlparrott1212 View Post

Thanks! We've committed to buying it, and will pick him up in a few weeks. I'm excited for fun adventures. [emoji3]
extrahorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:47 PM   #7
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrahorizons View Post
Thanks! We've committed to buying it, and will pick him up in a few weeks. I'm excited for fun adventures. [emoji3]
Hope you enjoy it too. I can't wait to hit the road.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #8

Greetings!

I just order the 18TO too. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning. I like the idea of the backup camera. I'm going to be towing with a 2008 Yukon XL and I ordered a weight distribution hitch. Just booked a trip for a local campground here in April and a trip to San Diego in June. Super excited and looking forward to tips and advice from others because this is my first TT.
Happy travels,
Pat
patmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #9
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmac View Post
I just order the 18TO too. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning. I like the idea of the backup camera. I'm going to be towing with a 2008 Yukon XL and I ordered a weight distribution hitch. Just booked a trip for a local campground here in April and a trip to San Diego in June. Super excited and looking forward to tips and advice from others because this is my first TT.
Happy travels,
Pat
Have fun!!
Old 03-15-2017, 01:59 AM   #10

Just came back from our second trip with the 18TO. We went to Monterey CA and had one of the best vacations. The 18TO is probably the most space you can buy under 4000lbs. I like the relatively small package (Tow vehicle and trailer). We were able to drive around town no problem.
Trijicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:38 AM   #11
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trijicon View Post
Just came back from our second trip with the 18TO. We went to Monterey CA and had one of the best vacations. The 18TO is probably the most space you can buy under 4000lbs. I like the relatively small package (Tow vehicle and trailer). We were able to drive around town no problem.
Yes it is a nice floor plan. You are right about being able to tow it. I looked at about 25 and this was the best for me.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #12

my wife and i just bought one last week and had our first night in it saturday. Perfect size for 2 adults and a baby! Headed to east tn this weekend for some more adventures
mikenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #13
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmac View Post
Happy travels,
Pat
Yea that backup camera is a must. Especially if it can be used going down the road.