Old 01-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #1

Wolfpack Generator Prep

I just purchased a 2005 385 Wolfpack and it has Generator prep on it. Is this only the mounting compartment and fuel line or is there more (such as wiring)?
I won't be abe to pick it up until spring and it's not local so I can't go look at it.
Another quick question: is the solar panel standard equipment on this model?
I found paperwork about it but I don't know if it has it. The dealer doesn't know because he is not a Cherokee dealer.
Thanks in advance.
Dan
Yea, I'm a noob and already screwed up and posted under the wrong forum. I will fix it if I can.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Head Rambler

I think there's wiring but I'm not sure about an ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch). I don't believe solar panels are standard equipment.

I'm sure someone will come along and give you better answers.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #3

Hey Dan

I have no idea but.................

to FRF!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Kat

Hey Dan. See your posting from Jan, but I'll give my 2 cents. We received our Wolfpack in Nov '08. The solar charger is standard, but not sure if so in the '05. We found the gen prep is basically a sheet metal box seperating it from the batteries. I believe there should be a knock out to run the wiring. No switches were discovered on the inside of the coach. We love our Wolfpack!!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #5

I have the 27DFWP 2009 which came gen preped. It does have the transfer switch and I see a wire heading towards the gen compartment. Not sure where it is located at the compartment because I have the underbelly sealed and cant see the wire but Forest River says it there. I see the fuel hose under the compartment tied up with zip ties.

As far as the solar charger, they might as well not bothered putting on the RV. Its a 5w and doesn't put out enough power to even hold the battery full charged with every thing shut off in the RV. There is more than the 5W generated used up in residual draw from the appliances in it. I just tried to see if it would hold a full charge in mine last week. and after 2 days sitting with every thing shut off my battery was down to 12.4V and the gauge inside was down by 1 bar. I'm in the process of trying to deturmine the size solar systen I will need to carry us thru a 3 day week end. Really got my head a spinning trying to figure that out.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #6

Its a 5w and doesn't put out enough power to even hold the battery full charged with every thing shut off in the RV.

I also have a 27DFWP and the charger keeps the batteries fairly full as long as I have the red 12V switch flipped to off.\

My toyhauler has the gen prep and it has the fuel line run to under the metal box that would hold the generator. I also belive there is a transfer switch under the front. I just would need a genny and the start/prime switch. I do not plan on getting one since I purchased a Yamaha 2400 instead.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #7

If you have the red disconnect switch turned to off you are not putting power in to or out of your battery. When you turn it off its just the same as unhooking the cables from the battery. The transfer switch is located in the converter panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamerr View Post
Its a 5w and doesn't put out enough power to even hold the battery full charged with every thing shut off in the RV.

I also have a 27DFWP and the charger keeps the batteries fairly full as long as I have the red 12V switch flipped to off.\

My toyhauler has the gen prep and it has the fuel line run to under the metal box that would hold the generator. I also belive there is a transfer switch under the front. I just would need a genny and the start/prime switch. I do not plan on getting one since I purchased a Yamaha 2400 instead.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #8

I was told that the solor panel charges the battery when the red disconnect is off. Guess I am less aware of how things work then I thought...
Old 03-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #9

Mine doesn't. One of the first things I checked into. To know for sure, shut off disconnect switch and unhook one cable from battery and put a voltmeter to the cable.
No voltage means no solar charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamerr View Post
I was told that the solor panel charges the battery when the red disconnect is off. Guess I am less aware of how things work then I thought...

Tags
cherokee