Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonG View Post
"i should have researched a little "
======================
Yup, at least a tad.
I spent 3 months and countless hours on the internet, plus looking at hundreds of campers at all of the local dealers. I wasn't about to spend 30 grand without informing myself first!
And I found that I knew far more about the campers than the sales people. Same as when I bought my new truck. The days of knowledgable sales people are long gone, unfortunately.

Honestly,
I paid $14,200 for mine after some hefty haggling. If i was spending $30k there would have been some serious research done. I can deal with a few options I didnt get. I fell in love with it at dealer without ducted air. No biggie.

Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
Honestly,
I paid $14,200 for mine after some hefty haggling. If i was spending $30k there would have been some serious research done. I can deal with a few options I didnt get. I fell in love with it at dealer without ducted air. No biggie.
Does it have the power package (power awning, power jacks, TV, mount outside, upgraded hot water heater, etc.)? My '12 27BHKS came with the power pack and the ducted AC was included in that list of options from the PP.

'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #13

Are the Grey Wolfs a base model? we had an 05 Cherokee Lite 28A and there were very few options, lots of standard features including ducted A/C. the only real options were a different floor style, spare, and rear storage door and misc. small things.
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #14

Yeah the Gray Wolf line are entry models. Good value, and still able to put a few goodies on em. I like the lower overall height and pricing on them, so I am happy with what we got...so far at least!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6 View Post
Does it have the power package (power awning, power jacks, TV, mount outside, upgraded hot water heater, etc.)? My '12 27BHKS came with the power pack and the ducted AC was included in that list of options from the PP.

From what I can see I just dont have the DSI water heater (gas only), ducted AC (reg roofmount), and no spare tire.

I did get the power package with power jack, awning, stabilizers, etc.. I also got the 24" LCD TV too, speakers outside, etc...

I also got my dealer to throw in the Fastway E2 weight distr hitch too.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #16

I have a 2010 28BH and does have the ducted ac, the DSI hwh, and the power pack. I guess each is different.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #17

Yeah I had them toss in half the cost of the Curt WDH and sway. Also had the factory rear rack, and DSI HWH, but same on the no spare...guess you can't get em to throw everything in, lol. We got it out the door (Taxed, titled, and registered) for $18.4k (well not out the door yet, still getting a repair done before pick up...) but at $16.7 for the trailer only, was only $2k more than the cheapest, completely standard model I could find, and that was 360 miles away. So factor in gas and windshield time as well as full power pack and rack I think it worked out well.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #18

I have the rear rack as well (great for coolers). Im not sure if that was an option though. I think pretty much all of them have it. Our was advertised at $16800 I think.

Im pretty sure they might be higher depending on how far you get from the factory. Im not far from Indiana so the cost might be down a little.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #19

it wasn't on the two base ones I was looking at at first (a 27BHKS and a 28BHKS). Someone was saying something about them being some kind of "incentive" for a later spring sale or something along those lines.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6 View Post
it wasn't on the two base ones I was looking at at first (a 27BHKS and a 28BHKS). Someone was saying something about them being some kind of "incentive" for a later spring sale or something along those lines.

Oh good...I kinda like the rack on there. It seems really sturdy and you always here of people wanting to add a hitch for bikes or storage. It is a nice feature.