Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 10:55 PM   #1

2 Questions on 2019 Force HD

Does it have one big tank or do you have to fill from both sides?

Can we raise the leveling jack brackets up a hole to get more ground clearance?

See Brian I am keeping it simple. I'm a much better customer than you anticipated.

I did find a run in the pain we spoke about earlier but its not a big deal. Also the shower has a small crack in it about an inch long. I really dont think that is big deal either. Find some matching caulk and move on. See how easy ole Mountie is to get along with...
Old 08-29-2018, 06:20 AM   #2

It’s two 50 gal tanks so you want to fill them both

Start getting used to truck stops and gas stations that have truck lane. Beware you’ll pay a premium sometimes at the big truck stops. I find the trade off of bulk DEF at the pump worth it.

Check out the “Trucker Path” app if you have an iPhone
Old 08-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #3

Fill the passenger side first, for some reason it helps make the gas gauge a little more accurate. Also, the gas gauge is not accurate, that is why I got the Diesel Scan Gauge, it keeps better miles to empty calculated.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #4

Thanks both of you... What about raising the leveling jacks up?
Old 08-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #5

My only thought on that, I have never bottomed out my jacks on either the Force or the Force HD. Also just this past weekend, I had to extend the jacks to almost their limit to get level, I think raising them would take me out of contention with some areas and I would not be able to get level.

This is solely my opinion. I think there is room to raise them, so you could always give it a try and move them back if you decide it didnt work. Just be careful not to bind the hydraulic lines or get them to close to the exhaust, front passenger side.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #6

I wouldn’t want to give up the leveling stroke. Never dragged them on anything. I guess in theory it’s possible but you’d need to use 1” pads to make up the difference. I’d wait for somebody more qualified tho
Old 08-29-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Does it have one big tank or do you have to fill from both sides?

Can we raise the leveling jack brackets up a hole to get more ground clearance?

See Brian I am keeping it simple. I'm a much better customer than you anticipated.

I did find a run in the pain we spoke about earlier but its not a big deal. Also the shower has a small crack in it about an inch long. I really dont think that is big deal either. Find some matching caulk and move on. See how easy ole Mountie is to get along with...
I would still shoot a picture of the crack to your service rep so we get it noted in the file. After too long they will say it was user damage and if it gets worse, won't get covered.

I'll tell you...I need to borrow some of your meds. I'm the angry, stressed one this week.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I would still shoot a picture of the crack to your service rep so we get it notice in the file. After too long they will say it was user damage and if it gets worse, won't get covered.

I'll tell you...I need to borrow some of your meds. I'm the angry, stressed one this week.
Halla and 4whl. You pretty much answered the question if you have never bottomed them out and didn’t think about the hydraulic stroke.

Boss man have you ever seen the movie Bad Boys...... Woooosssaahhhhh.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
I never said you would be a bad customer. You were a just an erratic shopper.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:44 PM   #10

I am going to raise my front jacks, I have not bottomed mine out but I don’t want the first time to be the one that damages them. I boondock at off-road riding areas often, I am concerned that a ditch may be deeper than I thought or a rogue rock may grab the jack. As far as running out of stroke I always carry wood blocks for under my jacks.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #11
Retired Army Paratrooper

Mountain you need to make sure you guys make it to the Rally this next year.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Mountain you need to make sure you guys make it to the Rally this next year.
Thanks for the invite. The place looks incredible and would like to meet all you guys.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
It’s two 50 gal tanks so you want to fill them both

Start getting used to truck stops and gas stations that have truck lane. Beware you’ll pay a premium sometimes at the big truck stops. I find the trade off of bulk DEF at the pump worth it.

Check out the “Trucker Path” app if you have an iPhone
Just downloaded the Trucker Path app. Thanks for that. What do you use for navigation as to not end up on some road we do not need to be on for the size of the rigs?
Old 08-30-2018, 12:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Just downloaded the Trucker Path app. Thanks for that. What do you use for navigation as to not end up on some road we do not need to be on for the size of the rigs?
Garmin RV 770 NA LMT-S...it doesn't get good reviews mostly due to user error, but it has height and weight included and will also flash a warning of low over head, bridge limits, etc
( It would not route me over a shorter highway that I knew was the correct route, I scratched my head and said the heck with it, I am going that route anyway as soon as I turn on that main highway I realized the old Over Pass there had been derated to 10 Tons with a Single Axle Truck...I went over it anyway, but it attempted to stop me...

I compared mine to my other Garmins and it is better in many areas, it also connects to WiFi and updates it's maps automatically...

It locates Diesel Fuel Stops easily...

It connects to your Smart Phone thru Garmin App that will also display Weather Radar and Road Conditions ahead to include high winds, icy conditions, etc...

IF you keep it connected to your phone via Garmin App it will also reroute you automatically according to traffic conditions, so be ready to follow it when in cities as once it sees traffic problems it will reroute you around them, it routed me off the I-75 onto the Service Road for 2 miles and the I saw why there was a wreck on an overpass blocking traffic, then once clear it routed me back onto the I-75...that was impressive to me...

It does give you a warning if you try to go into an area where trucks are not allowed, and you have to over ride this at times, such as neighborhoods etc...

The mount I use is the one that I think Halla? posted on the forum it is a clip that connects directly onto the dash panel and works well...

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...p-center-mount

1 ea ProClip Center Dash Mount - ProClip Center Mount
2003-2018 Freightliner Business Class M2
Item: 853337

1 ea Garmin Ball Mount
Garmin RV 760LMT
Item: 215165
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:07 AM   #15

Quote:
I just stick with google and take my chances. Always review the route beforehand etc. I don’t do much east coast stuff where bridges are lower
Old 08-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Garmin RV 770 NA LMT-S...it doesn't get good reviews mostly due to user error, but it has height and weight included and will also flash a warning of low over head, bridge limits, etc
( It would not route me over a shorter highway that I knew was the correct route, I scratched my head and said the heck with it, I am going that route anyway as soon as I turn on that main highway I realized the old Over Pass there had been derated to 10 Tons with a Single Axle Truck...I went over it anyway, but it attempted to stop me...

I compared mine to my other Garmins and it is better in many areas, it also connects to WiFi and updates it's maps automatically...

It locates Diesel Fuel Stops easily...

It connects to your Smart Phone thru Garmin App that will also display Weather Radar and Road Conditions ahead to include high winds, icy conditions, etc...

IF you keep it connected to your phone via Garmin App it will also reroute you automatically according to traffic conditions, so be ready to follow it when in cities as once it sees traffic problems it will reroute you around them, it routed me off the I-75 onto the Service Road for 2 miles and the I saw why there was a wreck on an overpass blocking traffic, then once clear it routed me back onto the I-75...that was impressive to me...

It does give you a warning if you try to go into an area where trucks are not allowed, and you have to over ride this at times, such as neighborhoods etc...

The mount I use is the one that I think Halla? posted on the forum it is a clip that connects directly onto the dash panel and works well...

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...p-center-mount

1 ea ProClip Center Dash Mount - ProClip Center Mount
2003-2018 Freightliner Business Class M2
Item: 853337

1 ea Garmin Ball Mount
Garmin RV 760LMT
Item: 215165

X2^^^^^^

we also use google maps, and google earth to view areas unknown.

A good rule of thumb is never travel down a road that doesnt have a yellow line painted down the middle unless you have knowledge from another source that it is passable. I have broken that rule several times and MOST of them turned out OK. The 2 times we had trouble were stressful, but not catastrophic.