Old 02-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #11

What I meant by 'no one' is that the RV dealer says it is a Dodge problem; Dodge says a manufacturer problem because they feel battery issue is the result of the RV conversion. So, I am sent back and forth from one dealer to another and I still have an RV with a dead battery. I would in no way discount the REV. I love everything about it, that is why I bought it. It just needs to start.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #12
GM

What type of security system is it? For the car portion or RV portion? Who installed that part?

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #13

Just checked my paperwork. It was installed by Mike Thompson RV and it was called Prevent A Theft. It is now disconnected. When I first started having trouble Mike Thompson removed the MAGIC kill switch that ws installed because they thought that might be draining the battery. The only thing left that I know of that runs off the chassis battery is the electric step. I have a call into Glen Thomas Dodge to set up appointment to take the RV back in. I just picked it up this past Monday. That was when they disconnected the alarm system. I want them to recheck the battery and everything under the hood. They have commented both times I have had it in that my problems are related to the RV conversion.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #14

Sorry, I forgot to add that the security system was for the van cab.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #15
GM

The only issue with it being RV related is that we don't typically comnect anything to the chassis battery. All of the RV related equipment is connected to the house battery.

Can you Pirvate Message me the VIN? I'll take a look when it was built and talk to the production line in the morning. I don't get any calls related to the house battery which makes me worry about the security system. Unfortunately there is no One to talk to at McMahons.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #16

I am so new to this that I am not sure how to private message. Can you help me?
Old 02-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #17
GM

Let me know what they tell you. Unfortunately something like that is very difficult to troubleshoot over message boards when there are several changes made to the original design. We have NO way to know what the added systems hooked into or what the draw is.

We'd be happy to troubleshoot it all of it. Chassis, coach and 3rd party install, but we would need it here at the plant.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:41 PM   #18

Thank you for your response. When I hear something will let you know. I am not optimistic as Dodge attributes problem to the conversion. Would love to have you troubleshoot but I am in California. Did you find anything from the VIN number? Thanks again for caring.