Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #1

2016 force hd-power level sys

Mr. Clemens - wondering if you could send reset instructions to zero the leveling system for 2016 FORCE HD Power Level System P/N 140-1226. Mine is leaning to the left a bit. The manuals on the Forest River Website are for either 500630 or 140-1170. Thanks, Mike
Old 02-29-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Here is the link to the operation manual. http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...g-82-L0379.pdf

Most of the files on the FR website were Class C's and Class A's. No one bothered to include Dynamax in their reindeer games. I'm adding those now.

Try this for calibration (for now).

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...-Tip-Sheet.pdf

I don't have access to the files that we store on the server. If this does not work I can re-check when I'm in the office.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:50 AM   #3

Is it possible to set up in the Library, a section for Dynamax and then within the section, a folder for each major system.

When the leveling system was giving me trouble, I found where Power Gear kept their manuals for the DX3 leveler. I now have a folder with 14 manuals in pdf format specific for the Power Gear leveler in my DX3. I do not mind making them available.

Likewise, I have been working my way through the electrical system. To date, I have 28 documents in that folder.

Given the sophisticated/complex systems on the DX3, there is need for documentation..

Gerard
2012 Lazy Daze [for sale]
2016 DX3
Thebackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:44 AM   #4

I had my levelers zeroed three times. it still leans to the drivers side. I bought a 4 way level for the floor and now manual level with the keypad, doesn't take long and it always level now. it used to try and always lift the front tires off of the ground too, which isn't necessary when I manually level.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebackpacker View Post
Is it possible to set up in the Library, a section for Dynamax and then within the section, a folder for each major system.
I'm in the process of doing that already, I'd be curious to see what you have downloaded. Here is a screen shot of our system in process.

The only issue is that we share that online owners manual, so I'm not sure if we can make that Dynamax specific. I'll see what my options are.

We have just started using the USB drives with a whole directory tree. Its easier just to put the entire structure on there then try and make model specific ones, if the flash drives get mixed up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 9.50.17 AM.png
Views:	136
Size:	450.6 KB
ID:	100810  

Old 03-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #6

Thanks Brian. The instructions and process worked on the first try. Test results: L-R=0, and F-R=0.1 using the level on my IPhone 6+. My left rear tire (drivers side) is now off the ground ~3.5 inches. I put some 2X4s under both left rear tires. Appreciate your help here.
v/r, Mike
Old 03-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm in the process of doing that already, I'd be curious to see what you have downloaded. Here is a screen shot of our system in process.

The only issue is that we share that online owners manual, so I'm not sure if we can make that Dynamax specific. I'll see what my options are.

We have just started using the USB drives with a whole directory tree. Its easier just to put the entire structure on there then try and make model specific ones, if the flash drives get mixed up.
What I have follows:
Power Gear Manuals and Tip Sheets

Tip Sheet #11002, “Electric Jack Installation/Calibration Control,” #140-1224, Rev 0G

“Electric Jack Error Mode Resetting Procedure,” #3010002127, Rev. 0C, 11/12

Tip Sheet #11003, “Electric Jack Installation/Calibration Control,” #140-1224, Rev 0K

“Electric Jack Motor Service Kit Installation Procedure,” #3010001163, Rev. 0B

Tip Sheet, “Electric Leveling Drive Pin Removal & Replacement for Kit 1010001889” #3010002134 Rev. A

“ELECTRIC LEVELING MOTOR BRAKE REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS” #3010001428, Rev. 0B August, 2011

“Electric Levelers Troubleshooting Guide,” July 2007

Tip Sheet #11001, “Sensor Circuit Function Check Electric Leveling,” Rev 0A

TIP Sheet #218, “IMPROVEMENTS TO POWER GEAR CONTROLS FOR SEMI AUTOMATIC AND AUTOMATIC LEVELING CONTROLS,” #3010000042, REV. 0A, 02-20-2006
Note: This Tip Sheet relates new and old part numbers to touch pads and control boxes and how they should be matched.

“Electric Jack Installation/Calibration Control 140-1224,” Rev 0K, #3010000914, Rev. 0D

Tip Sheet, “Low Voltage LED Indication for Hydraulic and Electric Leveling,” P/N 3010002151 Rev. 0A, 2/09

Operator’s Manual Electric Jack with Automatic Leveling Touchpad #140-1226 Control Box #140-1224,” “Revision OK,” 12/07, #82-L0368 Rev. 0D
Note this warning: “Never lift the wheels off the ground to level the coach. Doing so may create an unstable condition.” [From page 1, bottom left corner.]

“Operation Manual for Automatic Leveling Systems with Touch Pad # 140-1226 and Control Box # 140-1229,” 11/12, #82-L0379, Rev. 0E
Note: This manual has the file name “pg-82-L0379.pdf”
Note warning: “This is a leveling system only and is not intended to lift your coach’s tire or tires completely off the ground. Attempting to lift your coach completely off the ground (for example to use this leveling system to change a tire) could cause damage to the system and serious injury to the parties involved.” [See p. 1]
Note recommendation: The fluids listed here are acceptable to use in your pump assembly. Contact coach manufacturer or selling dealer for information about what specific fluid was installed in your system.
• It is not recommended that hydraulic fluid and automatic transmission fluids be mixed in the reservoir.
• In most applications, Type A automatic transmission fluid (ATF, Dexron III, etc.,) will work satisfactorily. Mercon V is also recommended as an alternative fluid for Power Gear hydraulic systems. [See p. 4]

TIP Sheet, “Testing Electric Leveling Jack Motor Brake,” #82-L0501, Rev. 0B, January 2013

“Trouble Shooting Leveling Control Box 140-1224 Electric Jacks,” Issued: January 2013
#82-L0524, Rev. OA
Note: This guide provide wiring diagrams and references.

Gerard
2012 Lazy Daze 24' FD (For Sale)
2016 Dynamax DX3
Old 03-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Thank you. I think we have all of those now. Just sent them over to corporate to upload onto the owners manual site. In addition we just went live with USB sticks and all the manuals.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #9

The USB sticks are a good idea. I encourage you in your efforts. Usually, I like to read paper copies of documents. Given all of the documents and manuals associated with the DX3, they will be easier to organize, search, retrieve, manage, and store from a computer than a file cabinet.

Even with all of the documents from Power Gear, nowhere do they convey the advice Joe Easch gave me to fill it with fluid to solve the problem I had. And, nowhere does Power Gear provide information on what fluid did Dynamax initially use that owners should continue to use. There is still critical guidance that Dynamax needs to give to owners.

Gerard
2012 Lazy Daze 24' FD (For Sale)
2016 Dynamax DX3

Tags
power