Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #1

2017 Dynamax Rev 24RB Awning too low

We bought our used 2017 Dynamax Rev 24RB today and are camping in it for the first time tonight. Question about the awning. We push the button to extend it and it seems to extend but when it finishes it is low and still in an arch out from the RV. I'll attach a photo. Is there some adjustment to make it go 'up high' and not arch down low? (see attachment as photo). Thank you, Bryan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	173336  
bts1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #2

Something has broken which is allowing the arms to overextend It might be the gas struts have lost pressure or are no longer attached. Take it back to the dealer and have them repairs it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #3

Yep it’s broke
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Something has broken which is allowing the arms to overextend It might be the gas struts have lost pressure or are no longer attached. Take it back to the dealer and have them repairs it.
Looks like a lateral arm awning. No struts.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #5

I also have a Rev. My awning looks the same way when extended. I do not believe it is broken. Check out videos of the Rev on you tube, I think you will agree that it's designed to work as it does. As long as it extends and retracts with no difficulty, there is nothing to fix.
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #6

It’s a dual pitch awning, the same on Isata3. Fairly easy to adjust here is some info. The adjustment are made at both ends with the awning open, it’s basically just a set screw, one for each end. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	173421Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	173422
Jlole76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy2 View Post
I also have a Rev. My awning looks the same way when extended. I do not believe it is broken. Check out videos of the Rev on you tube, I think you will agree that it's designed to work as it does. As long as it extends and retracts with no difficulty, there is nothing to fix.
Ours too. You should be able to extend it part way.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #8

Posts 5,6 and 7 ate all correct. Your awning looks fine. I have the same model.

The dual pitch was a selling point.

You can stop the awning at any point in its travel. Push the extend button once and it fully extends. You can push button at any time to stop the travel.

Relax and enjot.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #9

Mine has 6'4" on the lowest end. I'm 6ft so I'm fine with it. They are adjustable as previously explained by another FR member.
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #10
Love my Rev

I had to adjust mine because it was even lower than yours - but it is fine now
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:53 AM   #11

Looks like ours on a 2018 Isata 3. Ours doesn't exactly zip out, but it extends at the same rate as on other MHs we've had.
Attached Images

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #12
Love my Rev

ours looked like this and it needed adjustment here on the low side.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:21 PM   #13

It is adjusted!!! Much better now. Thank you!

Thanks to Jlole76 and others who helped me. I now have adjusted it so that I can walk under it at the lowest part.
It is an Awning from Carefree of Colorado. The "Latitude" model. The instructions are a bit unclear, but still
helpful. I'll explain more here.

It is a two person job.
Extend the awning all the way out.
Alternate working on the left and then right and then left and then right until you obtain the new pitch.
Both people work on the same side at the same time.
Start on the left.
The person on the ground LIFT up on the left side to take weight off the awning. Must lift up a lot....maybe 2 feet of lift.
Next, the person on a step ladder using an allen wrench: Loosen the adjustment top bolt (located near where the awning attaches to the motorhome wall) (a very very countersunk bolt)....about 1 full turn
or maybe even 2 full turns. Next, tighten the lower adjustment bolt about 2 turns.
Now both people change to the right side of the awning and REPEAT over there.
Keep going back and forth from side to side until the pitch is finally rasied as much as you like.

When it is high enough and kinda level, then tighten the TOP adjustment bolts hand tight and you are finished!!!
bts1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Nope, it's broke!! (says everyone that took zero time to determine what awning you had or even what vehicle you had).

Be wary of free advice...you get what you pay for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 1.06.57 P.png
Views:	127
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	173850  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
I had to adjust mine because it was even lower than yours - but it is fine now
If the top of the door does not hit the awning, you are fine
nolanfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
Yep it’s broke
no, no its not. Its adjustable.

OH, hey, I just realized I already commented on this post. I didn't notice the date, but I am just as shocked today as I was on May 29th that people offer advice without any disclaimer that they don't have the vehicle you have or the awning you have or really any idea of their advice is accurate.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #17
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

I just adjusted the awning on my I530FW, I should add that you would be wise to pull the awning fuse otherwise the awning can self retract .
BTW: on mine the locking bolts were backed out. Which explained why it was slowly getting lower.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:04 AM   #18

awning

Your awning in your photo shows it is much too low!!! I agree that these awnings have a wonderful dual pitch and are lower on the front edge but not that low. We made a big mistake and left out awning out one night and it rained, causing the water to pool just above the door. When we opened the door the next morning to go outside, the top of the door caught the awning and ripped it. Sick feeling. We had it replaced but the technician had it extending out very low just like yours looks when we went to pick it up. I knew it was wrong and told them. I learned that this is an awning that a lot of technicians don't really know how to repair. I'm still not sure it's on properly, like they had it when it came from the factory brand new, but I guess I'll have to go to the factory to get it done right.
SwigGlamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #19
Love my Rev

I just wanted to show a picture of how they can look if not adjusted correct . You can do it yourself if you look at how the adjustment works and understand it - pretty easy with two people and a small ladder - good luck and if your "technician" cant fix this , get another one that knows what he is doing .
Old 09-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #20

I found the instructions on how to adjust awning. Very easy , just a matter of tightening and loosening two Allen head set screws on each side. Helps to have another person, but managed to do it myself.
Richard L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning