Old 06-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #61
GM

I talked to engineering, the batteries hold a residual charge voltage and the BIRD stays latched until this voltage has dissipated. They will time out depending on battery state of charge and unlatch.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #62
GM

To further explain this scenario...5 series and trucks.

If you hit the “master light switch” you probably don’t notice and think everything is great. But if you have all the lights on and then hit the outside disconnect assuming it will all shut off, you may think something is broken.

Basically, if the BIRD sense a voltage on the RV and chassis battery above 13.1 volts for a set time (which indicates the batteries are being charged), the BIRD parallels the batteries, charging them both. So if you have been plugged in, or driving with that double alternator in the RAM, the batteries are well charged. If and you hit the disconnect, the relay stays latched which allows the coach to run off of the chassis battery because the BIRS still senses both batteries at 13.1 volts. Once the voltage drops below 12.6 for five seconds it will then fully disconnect.

Best way is to hit the master light switch as a habit. Then when you want to store, turn the main disconnect and walk away. It will do what its supposed to do.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 06-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred555 View Post
This is maybe my 8th RV

The RV is sitting in a large storage yard and there is no shore power...

The battery disconnect does not disconnect the batteries from the coach...period...

My apologies I guess the red battery disconnect does separate the coach batteries from the coach. I will conform later today. The power I saw is coming from the chassis batteries as explained by Brian.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #64

Lessons learned so far

I wanted to follow up after reading through this entire thread on MY experiences in order of threads.

1. I also have seen from DODGE fuel gauges the front tank initially emptying and the rear tank staying full. I have not driven enough to see if and when they equalize.

2. I believe the water filter is only for the fresh water tank and NOT for the city water connection.

3. The DODGE AUX switches below the Uconnect AUX 1 is for rear lights AUX 2 is for connecting house and chassis batteries if needed.

4. The rear camera is triggered off of reverse transmission, I am going to ask DODGE if this can be on AUX Uconnect so I can see what I am towing when I want to

5. The delayed power off after opening battery disconnect as described by Brian is verified. I am going to do some testing this weekend to see about how long that really takes.

6. There is no way to watch the awning from control panel so make sure there is nothing for it to run into!

I appreciate everyone posting tips on here as we all learn about the Isata 5

I will be getting mine ready for maiden voyage this weekend!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #65
GM

being the curious man that I am, I called a meeting with engineering yesterday because I wanted to know exactly how everything was wired. I was laying out some scenarios if the BIRD stayed latched, could some item (solar or GEN) fire up and keep it latched. I left with no worries. As this rough sketch shows the house batteries are disconnected, the solar is behind that switch and the AGS would not kick in before the BIRD unlatched.

Our M2 trucks have been wired this way for years and we have had no issues. I think the size of the stinking alternator in the RAM is the issue. The M2 trucks have a 275 amp alternator. The Ram is dual 220, for a total of 440. Normally you would have a little excess but you're probably draining them just about as fast as they get a charge. But (4) brand new AGM batteries, with basically a dedicated charging alternator and you end up with perfectly topped off batteries all the way around when you arrive.

PS. We had our multiplex guys develop a Bluetooth add on to the multiplex system. I believe that is now ready and the APP control "Precision Plex" is now in the Apple store...Not sure if Android is there. That means with this app, everything on the control panel would be available on your phone (including the awning). You would need to install the Bluetooth module, but they knew we wanted it and I am told there is a spot to hook it in to the Master Panel.

This was supposed to be an '18 feature, it just got done a little early. I'll see if I can get some pricing and instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5896.JPG.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	109969  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
being the curious man that I am, I called a meeting with engineering yesterday because I wanted to know exactly how everything was wired. I was laying out some scenarios if the BIRD stayed latched, could some item (solar or GEN) fire up and keep it latched. I left with no worries. As this rough sketch shows the house batteries are disconnected, the solar is behind that switch and the AGS would not kick in before the BIRD unlatched.

Our M2 trucks have been wired this way for years and we have had no issues. I think the size of the stinking alternator in the RAM is the issue. The M2 trucks have a 275 amp alternator. The Ram is dual 220, for a total of 440. Normally you would have a little excess but you're probably draining them just about as fast as they get a charge. But (4) brand new AGM batteries, with basically a dedicated charging alternator and you end up with perfectly topped off batteries all the way around when you arrive.

PS. We had our multiplex guys develop a Bluetooth add on to the multiplex system. I believe that is now ready and the APP control "Precision Plex" is now in the Apple store...Not sure if Android is there. That means with this app, everything on the control panel would be available on your phone (including the awning). You would need to install the Bluetooth module, but they knew we wanted it and I am told there is a spot to hook it in to the Master Panel.

This was supposed to be an '18 feature, it just got done a little early. I'll see if I can get some pricing and instructions.
As always, thank you Brian for your thorough and prompt replies!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #67

Thank you Fred555. Did not know that Aux 1 and 2 had a function.

Brian thank you for the updates and getting information pushed out to us. I am excited to hear about the apple app and will be looking for the updates on the purchase of the Bluetooth add-on.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Thank you for the awesome feedback (pros and cons). I can tell you the unit is woefully underpriced...but once we established pricing we kept adding things in. It will go up very soon, but I can confirm your statement that at that price, nothing else is close to that feature set.

360 siphon tanks are standard on all of our units...but we often forget to pitch them, but we'll make sure to include that in the next marketing material.

As for the negatives:
1. armrest, we know about. Thor puts the center console in on the F550. The only issue is you can't get to the back with that there, so we left it out, not realizing an armrest did not come there instead. We are trying to get our furniture supplier to add an armrest, otherwise we may need to create something. If we come up with a solution that can be retro fit, I will post it here.
2. Slide space...that was a trade off. We tried to get the deepest slide we could and probably cheated a little too much in that spot.
3. Cab curtain. I noticed that oversight and we should have a curtain shortly. I just want to make sure there is backer for the track. Once you get settled we can get you something sent out.
4. Entry door shade: this is another one. Most mfg's use the plastic "obscure" window there. I was reading (maybe on here) about replacing that with a clear glass window...and I said "hey we have that already", and then the post mentioned the shade. "hey, we don't have that though". just asked them to add that to the spec. Again, I think it is a 24"x48" shade. No valance or anything due to location, but we can probably hook you up when they start coming in.
I installed the bunk shade supplied by Dynamax it is actually pretty nice.

No Armrest does not seem to be a problem but no cup holders is!

Dynamax installed a roll shade above my entrance door to cover the window and it works fine
Old 06-05-2016, 10:30 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred555 View Post
I installed the bunk shade supplied by Dynamax it is actually pretty nice.

No Armrest does not seem to be a problem but no cup holders is!

Dynamax installed a roll shade above my entrance door to cover the window and it works fine
How is the roll shade attached? I received one in the mail with no hardware. It seems like there some be some pieces that mount to the wood and then the shade rail would snap on to it?
Old 06-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #70

There is a plastic rail that is attached to the ceiling with small screws....I will send picture when I can