Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #41

On my ISATA 5 I noticed that it has a water filtration system. Which is a great add on. It is located next to the fresh water holding tank, opposite side from the city water connection. When connected to city water, does it get filtered through? I have an additional filter I had purchased for my city water hose prior to taking custody of our ISATA 5, but was wondering if the filter attached to the coach filters the water from the fresh water tank only or both tank and city water?

I also like a lot that Dynamax built in a surge protector. That extra protection Dynamax installed can save a lot of headache and money in the future if a RV park has poor electrical and power surges occur.
kaulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #42

Here are a few photos of the window shades. Was able to downsize the photos to allow me to post. 
Name:   IMG_5634.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  23.4 KB

Name:   IMG_5640.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  27.7 KB

Name:   IMG_5641.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:   IMG_5647.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:   IMG_5648.JPG
Views: 417
Size:  26.9 KB
Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #43
Commercial Member

Those side shields were just sent out too early. In a few years they'll grow up to be full sized heat shields. Poor little things.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #44

I know that is meant to be funny but we paid a lot of money for these RV's sight unseen for most of us and Dynamax should be all over making them match the commitments in the sales brochures.
fred555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:56 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred555 View Post
I know that is meant to be funny but we paid a lot of money for these RV's sight unseen for most of us and Dynamax should be all over making them match the commitments in the sales brochures.
They ARE all over it if you call them or PM Mr. Clemens. I received everything I requested within 1 week. Thanks Brian!
Old 05-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #46
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred555 View Post
Thanks for looking out for him...but we're already in contact with him to make sure he gets what he needs.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #47

Thank you Fred555 for looking out. Thank you Brian for taking care of this.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #48

HELP!!
-Is there a manual for the 2017 Isata 5? We don't know what's what or where it is!
-Is there a two year FR warranty on the Isata 5? If so, what does it cover and how do we sign up? No mention of it by the dealer, and we didn't know to ask.
- Re: diesel tanks. If the gauge reads 1/4 tank, which rank is it reading? The generator stopped working and it appears it was out of fuel. When equalizes, why would I run out of fuel for the generator?
- MASTER controller doesn't operate the fans. It provides power to the fans, but doesn't turn them on? Now we use the manual buttons on them, or use the remote. But if you turn the master lights off, it also shuts down both bathroom and living room fans.
- when running the generator, can you operate the a/c? If so, how do you turn it on. When we tried to use the air with gen, we got a flashing light, but no air.
- In an earlier post, you mentioned a fuse panel. Where is that located?
- We got no instruction on how to use the programmable door lock. Help?
Oh, yeah, did we mention a manual would be helpful??!!!
Thanks. Looking forward to answers!
DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #49

Memory stick has manuals
Old 05-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #50

The fuel may be in Ram manual
Old 05-30-2016, 03:25 PM   #51

What memory stick?
Old 05-30-2016, 04:02 PM   #52
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMort View Post
HELP!!
-Is there a manual for the 2017 Isata 5? We don't know what's what or where it is!
-Is there a two year FR warranty on the Isata 5? If so, what does it cover and how do we sign up? No mention of it by the dealer, and we didn't know to ask.
- Re: diesel tanks. If the gauge reads 1/4 tank, which rank is it reading? The generator stopped working and it appears it was out of fuel. When equalizes, why would I run out of fuel for the generator?
- MASTER controller doesn't operate the fans. It provides power to the fans, but doesn't turn them on? Now we use the manual buttons on them, or use the remote. But if you turn the master lights off, it also shuts down both bathroom and living room fans.
- when running the generator, can you operate the a/c? If so, how do you turn it on. When we tried to use the air with gen, we got a flashing light, but no air.
- In an earlier post, you mentioned a fuse panel. Where is that located?
- We got no instruction on how to use the programmable door lock. Help?
Oh, yeah, did we mention a manual would be helpful??!!!
Thanks. Looking forward to answers!
1. Yes. There should be a USB stick that came with the keys. Manuals are on that stick. However there isn't a ton on the multiplex wiring as its a new system, but fairly self explanatory.
2. There is a 2 year warranty on the box. Equipment has its own mfg warranty and all warranty info will be in a big box indexed. No need to sign up. Dealer will register the vehicle
3. Fuel gauge reads the large tank. The tanks only equalize when the engine is running (by code). The intake for the gen is 1/4 tank up so you can't run yourself out of fuel.
4. Correct. The fans do not communicate via the same system that the other items do, so the control panel only provides power. But they are thermostatically controlled, so if you have the temp set they will turn on once power is provided. Remote control can set that. Master lights should not cut fan power. I'll have to look into that on.
5. If you are running the gen, wait a few minutes for it to get up to speed and en turn on the A/C as you normally would. There should be a delay.
6. Fuse panel is for 12v, breakers would be for 110v AC power. Fuse panel is behind a door under the stove (I think). Breaker panel is normally in the bedroom.
7. In the box with manuals there should be one on the door lock. Although I'm not sure which one you have. We were testing (2). Is it big white buttons on a black plate running horizontal below the door latch? Or are they small buttons running vertical to the right of the door latch?

Congrats. You just bought a car and a house in the same day. There are lots and lots of things to learn. The big binder full of paperwork is the first place to start. Here is a good spot too.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #53

Re: HELP!!

Thank you so much for your quick replies. It's a huge learning curve for us as first timers, and without having somewhere to look up answers, we are feeling a little overwhelmed.
In regard to the door lock, we have the model with small numbers running vertically.
There is nothing in the big box other than installation manuals. We also did not receive any type of binder filled with info. In the pendaflex box, we did find an expandable file folder which contained two pieces of paper; one regarding the skin warranty and the other describing the RV itself, and the options that had been installed. These two items were in a plastic sleeve with "Owner's Manual" hand written on it.
We do not find a memory stick on either set of keys or in the big box. We also searched all drawers and cupboards with no success.
I did find an owners manual on the FR website, which I downloaded. It's pretty generic, and describes the 2016 model, and ours in 2017.
Thanks again.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:26 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMort View Post
Thank you so much for your quick replies. It's a huge learning curve for us as first timers, and without having somewhere to look up answers, we are feeling a little overwhelmed.
In regard to the door lock, we have the model with small numbers running vertically.
There is nothing in the big box other than installation manuals. We also did not receive any type of binder filled with info. In the pendaflex box, we did find an expandable file folder which contained two pieces of paper; one regarding the skin warranty and the other describing the RV itself, and the options that had been installed. These two items were in a plastic sleeve with "Owner's Manual" hand written on it.
We do not find a memory stick on either set of keys or in the big box. We also searched all drawers and cupboards with no success.
I did find an owners manual on the FR website, which I downloaded. It's pretty generic, and describes the 2016 model, and ours in 2017.
Thanks again.
I had the instruction manual for our door lock inside the big box of manuals. It was only a few pages thick and is easily missed. If you don't have it then I'm sure BClemens can post a link to the online version. We also did not receive a USB thumb drive, but I have no use for one anyway. After having 4 motorhomes, I've realized they're all generally similar in operation. This being your first you will certainly have a learning curve. Dynamax (and all other manufacturers) are merely assemblers of smaller products, if you have the big box full of manuals, then that is your owner's manual of how everything works. The 2016 manual you found online should cover 99% of everything else. Anything you can't figure out after that, just post on here (or search!) and you will find your answer quickly. Just remember, TRIPLE-check all connections before opening that black tank valve
Old 05-30-2016, 10:06 PM   #55

Another question, the brochure and manual talk about day/night shades. The manûal shows pics of two shades within the valance. Our RV has one black shade. What is the correct shade configuration? Thanks again.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:33 AM   #56
Commercial Member

The Isata Series should have "black out shades" as all of our Isata's do.

However there was some confusion due to the Isata 5 being built down our big truck line, so the brochure called out Day/night. Should be corrected on version 2.

PDF on the door lock is attached. I did not see it in our online owners manual however, so it may have been overlooked. I'll make sure it gets in there.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bauer-NE-Lock-Owners-Manual.pdf (1.43 MB, 64 views)

Old 05-31-2016, 10:05 PM   #57

Miserable Experience

I have been super nice to this point but after my wife wrecked her car on our second attempt to pick up our New Isata 5 ....I have about had it...

We live almost 8 hours roundtrip from selling dealer...we initially went to pick up RV two weeks ago. It had so many issues and we didn't need it till next week, so we left it to get some if not all of the stuff fixed. We got to dealer about 2 today to find the only thing fixed was the factory installed sat dish dip switches correct after the factory had been told what service we had in about 10 emails!

On the way out of the dealer my wife's car got hit by a pickup and just made everything even worse

Made it home after 6 hours and got RV stored only to find I can't shut the power off!!! Of coarse no one to help at Dynamax!!! Anyone else find the POS battery disconnect doesn't disconnect the batteries? I switched mine and everything in the RV still works! Even turned off the inverter and everything still works! Must be the magic solar system or something! OH its dark out...

Hey the Dodge Chassis is awesome easiest RV I ever drove and power to spare!!!

Now if I can only get all the Dynamax stuff right!
Old 05-31-2016, 10:32 PM   #58
Commercial Member

i was there until 6:30 today and got no calls and I check here daily.

What disconnect did you flip? The red one in the battery compartment? Was the unit plugged in?

Old 05-31-2016, 10:39 PM   #59
Commercial Member

My apologies. I saw you called at 10:30 pm my time, but I did not recognize the Clearwster, FL number. Our security company calls from there so I normally let it go to voicemail and they call the plant manager. I can have my electrical engineer call in the AM.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #60

Power

This is maybe my 8th RV

The RV is sitting in a large storage yard and there is no shore power...

The battery disconnect does not disconnect the batteries from the coach...period...