Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #81

Great tip...the BT on my factory unit worked exactly once. I've not had any luck getting help with it either.

Ordering the Jensen today.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #82

Middle daughter and I installed the Jensen tonight We have BT again outside...thanks again for the tip.

The cabinet bottom plywood extends pretty far towards the exterior wall on ours. I had to climb in under the sink, reach over to move cables out of the way, and press down on the back of the radio as it was being pushed in from the front in order to pry it in below this piece of plywood. It’s tight, but I think it will be fine.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:51 PM   #83

Halla what wax did you use and did you hand was or use a polisher? Also what do you use to wash and dry your Force?
Old 09-01-2018, 08:16 AM   #84

Rejex is the wax, by hand. I only use a polisher if there is a haze/scratches. I use Woody Wax Boat Soap in pine for washing, doesnt take much, great for the fiberglass and paint. Molly Maid wool mop head for washing on an extendable pole, I have a squeegee and a attachment that holds a towel, all on extendable poles. I use a lot of McKee 37 products, especially the window coating. I had a post on here somewhere with links to all of it, just cant remember where that was.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #85

I found the links Halla. Its on the " Washing and Exterior Maintenance " thread. I was searching all of this and couldn't find the Molly Maid wool head you were talking about but on your links its Mary Moppins?
Old 09-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #86

Be careful with Rejax. If it gets wet prior to fully curing it is a disaster, Ask me how I know. I will NEVER use it again. If you can wax you RV indoors and leave it inside for at least 24 hours then maybe Rejax is for you. I will be happy to donate my unused bottle to any willing victims! I use Duragloss products now and I am very satisfied.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #87

Yes Mary Moppins, sorry. Scott I wax indoors and it stays for a few days. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
Be careful with Rejax. If it gets wet prior to fully curing it is a disaster, Ask me how I know. I will NEVER use it again. If you can wax you RV indoors and leave it inside for at least 24 hours then maybe Rejax is for you. I will be happy to donate my unused bottle to any willing victims! I use Duragloss products now and I am very satisfied.
What happen Scott did it streak really bad?

I have always used Meguiars products.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #89

It streaks and turns white. You have to compound it off. Also if you get it on any black plastic or rubber it will turn it gray. Not a fan.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 09-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
It streaks and turns white. You have to compound it off. Also if you get it on any black plastic or rubber it will turn it gray. Not a fan.
Wow. When I was younger I used a paste wax from Blue Coral where you had to pat your wipe off rag in corn starch to get it off. Man what a job.

Mequiars Ultimate can be a little slow to dry and tough to wax on black or dark color. I will check out the products you were talking about.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:48 AM   #91

Scott, the wax must not like the south? Lol. So far no issues, they make a few different products, I wonder if we were using the same one.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Scott, the wax must not like the south? Lol. So far no issues, they make a few different products, I wonder if we were using the same one.
LOL.....I shoot you a pic of the bottle later today.

2018 Isata 5 DS