Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 10:13 PM   #1

2018 Isata 3 fw slide won't go out

Getting a red and green light flashing on the switch.
Fireplaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
Commercial Member

The manual will tell you what those flashes mean...but in many cases, I see them trigger fault codes when attempting to operate at low voltage.

First and foremost...charge up the batteries. Either run the gen for a few hours or plugged in. Verify they batteries are fully charged...then pull the slide switch. Press the little button on the back of the switch for one second. Set clear faults/set stops. No longer than 1 section. That should clear the fault, then try and operate the slide again. If that doesn't;t work, then count the flashes per the owners manual. Green is the motor...red is the fault code.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #3

Did this and it now works. We drove for four hours before getting to our site and I thought the batteries would be charged by then. I guess not. My wife who refused to give up figured it out. Thank you for your help. BC=Rock Star!
Fireplaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #4

I do have a question about this since we dry camp a lot. Can I just leave the Mercedes idling while we drop the auto leveling and put out the slide to provide extra voltage?
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireplaceman View Post
Did this and it now works. We drove for four hours before getting to our site and I thought the batteries would be charged by then. I guess not. My wife who refused to give up figured it out. Thank you for your help. BC=Rock Star!
I'm not saying you didn't do it right in the first place....but I tend to see it due to low voltage. It very well could be it triggered a code on its own and just needed rebooted like a computer. Four hours would normally be enough to top off the battery depending on its state of charge when you left.

Sandiegodoug
As for Idling...Idling may not be enough as the alternator is not getting out max power. If you are not seeing issues, then I'm not sure I would worry a ton about it. It's just when you do see a fault, my first suggestion would be to make sure batteries are charged, reset and try it again. That corrects it 75% of the time.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide