Old 09-16-2018, 01:13 AM   #1

2018 Isata 5 entry door gas shock...&$%#

I've about had it with my entry door gas shock. In fact, the darn thing just completely came out (door side) on our last trip. The gas shock is not the issue, it's the integration of this shock to the rig. The rig side seems okay but the door side press fit interface is not a robust mechanical design. I'll likely design a plate to get it right but thought some folks may have already come up with a better design embodiment for this issue.

No rough handling, no kids, no wind, just normal operation and we've had it fail twice now with one warranty repair and now the entire ball joint interface to the door has come out. Frustrating since without it you are at risk for the door slamming open and damaging both the door and right side camera, not to mention the beautiful paint job.

Has anyone come up with a better solution to implement that is different from the factory design?

Please advise.

Thanks much.
2004 Jeep Wrangler "Bella Bee"
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, gas