Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Sounds too me like we just need to have us a convoy headed towards Maine.
GREAT IDEA!!!!

I'm in NC and leaving Thursday some time. Perhaps we could make a list of where everyone is leaving from and when and we could meet up at certain points.

Mark
Orangecrush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #82

We're leaving Wed after work and planning to stay over night at the Virginia welcome center on I-85 near Bracey which is approx. the halfway point for us. Thur morning we'll head to Newport News & then take the Chesapeake bridge/tunnel towards Maryland/Delaware. This should get us to Masseys Landing in the early afternoon for check-in. We'll be leaving Monday morning so that will be an all day to get home.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #83

2019 Dynamax Rally, East Coast Side

We will be traveling around New England, including Maine, for a couple of months, planning to be at the ‘Congrès mondial acadien’ in Nova Scotia in mid July. We’re flexible with travel plans.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfishing View Post
We will be traveling around New England, including Maine, for a couple of months, planning to be at the ‘Congrès mondial acadien’ in Nova Scotia in mid July. We’re flexible with travel plans.
You know, all you people that are travel kin around the country on months on end are starting to piss me off.

Not sure at this rate I’ll ever be able to retire but.....

Mark
Old 08-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
You know, all you people that are travel kin around the country on months on end are starting to piss me off.

Not sure at this rate I’ll ever be able to retire but.....

Mark

Owned motorhomes for 25 years, could only really use them a few weeks a year. Was anxiously waiting for retirement, best job I’ve ever had. Just answer to Janis.
Your turn is coming [emoji39][emoji322]
Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfishing View Post
We’re planning to go toNova Scotia and Newfoundland after the rally next year also. We were going this year but no motorhome yet and apparently no schedule for delivery; and many of the campgrounds start closing the middle to end of September in Newfoundland. What is this Congre’s thing in Nova Scotia?
Bob😎
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #87

2019 Dynamax Rally, East Coast Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBob View Post
We’re planning to go toNova Scotia and Newfoundland after the rally next year also. We were going this year but no motorhome yet and apparently no schedule for delivery; and many of the campgrounds start closing the middle to end of September in Newfoundland. What is this Congre’s thing in Nova Scotia?

Bob[emoji41]

Congrès mondial acadien

Every five years, Acadians from around the world gather to celebrate their culture and history. The first Congrès mondial acadien (CMA) was held in 1994 across nine municipalities in southeastern New Brunswick, while the second was held in Louisiana in 1999.
I’m a purebred Cajun.
If you’re interested, I have all the paperwork for this event at home. Returning from Alaska now, don’t expect to get home until October then I’ll start planning next summer trip. Too hot in LA.

I don’t know where you’re planning to go but I’ll share this:
I went to St. Johns in Newfoundland on buisness in Jan 2013. Beautiful place with a great looking RV park in the middle of town. I’ve been wanting to go there in an RV every since.
After talking to some full timers, on this trip, who have been there I’m having second thoughts about St John’s. They said that in addition to the $1200, round trip, ferry ride the roads there are the worst ever.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #88

I just started a new thread about driving to/thru Maine. There seems to be quite a bit of interest here on going to Maine next summer after the rally, but I thought it best not to clutter up this thread with that info.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ne-169106.html
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #89
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
GREAT IDEA!!!!

I'm in NC and leaving Thursday some time. Perhaps we could make a list of where everyone is leaving from and when and we could meet up at certain points.

Mark

That’s a great idea. As it gets closer, we will start putting something together. Missed you at the FROG Rally.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:02 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
That’s a great idea. As it gets closer, we will start putting something together. Missed you at the FROG Rally.
we wanted to go but can't seem to get the damn dealer to even return phone calls, let alone get my damn RV back... smh.

Mark
Old 08-29-2018, 11:54 AM   #91

We are planning to spend a few days in Gettysburg and Hershey on our way to the rally. Then, after the rally, we are headed to Niagara with a couple of stops along the way including Turning Stone Resort. This will be our first long trip. We were inspired by everyone's plans around the last rally that we decided to go for it next year.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #92

We are also going to Niagara after the rally in Delaware. We arrive at Masseys on June 19 and are planning on leaving June 26 heading north.

We are just putting together the trip plans and are researching where to stay and where to stop along the way. Are you staying at the resort or at the villages RV park at Turning Stone? Would like to have some info if anyone has experience.

Thanks, Jake and Molly
Isata 5 36DS
jacksonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseHouse View Post
We are planning to spend a few days in Gettysburg and Hershey on our way to the rally. Then, after the rally, we are headed to Niagara with a couple of stops along the way including Turning Stone Resort. This will be our first long trip. We were inspired by everyone's plans around the last rally that we decided to go for it next year.
We stopped at Niagara in July for a couple of days on our way to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. We stayed at 4 mile creek state park on Lake Ontario. Nice campground. Not a Resort but we prefer state parks with shade and walking trails.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:24 PM   #94

We will leave for the rally on May 15th. We will be in Nashville for Fan Fair and the CMA awards form June 6-10. On a 120 day trip. Going through Maine, Cooperstown and eventually Deadwood,South Dakota .
vandersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:00 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonR View Post
We are also going to Niagara after the rally in Delaware. We arrive at Masseys on June 19 and are planning on leaving June 26 heading north.

We are just putting together the trip plans and are researching where to stay and where to stop along the way. Are you staying at the resort or at the villages RV park at Turning Stone? Would like to have some info if anyone has experience.

Thanks, Jake and Molly
Isata 5 36DS
We are also checking out of Massey's on the 26th and have decided that our first stop will be at Hemlock Campground in Tobyhanna, PA for one night. We plan to stay at the Villages RV Park at Turning Stone 6/27-6/30 - when I called to book, they said call back in January. We are staying at Branches of Niagara 6/30 - 7/4 then headed back to NC with a stop at Rifrafters in Fayetteville, WV on 7/5 to walk the New River Gorge Bridge. My only trouble so far is finding a one night stop on 7/4. Due to the holiday, I'm running into 3 night minimums. Except for one KOA that has a "do not book, you've been warned site" that I could have for the "purposely high" price of $72. Maybe it is a mistake to travel on 7/4, but I thought it would be an easy travel day to get somewhat closer to home before the holiday weekend traffic.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #96

Smile Trips & Planning

Boondocking can greatly increase your travel flexibilities. Can be great experience. Have often met nicest people at Travel, Truck, Cracker Barrels, throat country. 10-12K mi yr last 10 yrs . Download APP Allstays Camp & RV. It will be the best $ 10.00 investment you can make in the RV camping lifestyle.
ss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
We stopped at Niagara in July for a couple of days on our way to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. We stayed at 4 mile creek state park on Lake Ontario. Nice campground. Not a Resort but we prefer state parks with shade and walking trails.
Maybe after the kid goes to college and the dog dies, we can check out all the quiet spots, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandersr View Post
We will leave for the rally on May 15th. We will be in Nashville for Fan Fair and the CMA awards form June 6-10. On a 120 day trip. Going through Maine, Cooperstown and eventually Deadwood,South Dakota .
Now that is a trip!!
Old 08-29-2018, 08:41 PM   #98
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
we wanted to go but can't seem to get the damn dealer to even return phone calls, let alone get my damn RV back... smh.

Mark

Well we missed you guys. Can always get most anything fixed at Rally and factory.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #99
Commercial Member

If we have time...we're a little buried right now and the industry wholesales show is held at our facility...so we will be "pinned in" for the last two weeks in Sept.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #100

Back by Popular Demand...the Map

Make sure you get your registration done with Aaron (Halla) that includes your Site Number. Have a few that we need to confirm yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Rally Map.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	184912  
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote