Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #1

2019 Dynamax Rally Open House Sign Up

Last year we did a bit of an open house tour of everyone (that was interested in participating)'s rig. It was a lot of fun and very informative for both getting to know the brand and models better as well as seeing all the creative aftermarket modifications performed by owners. So with that we're going to bring it back for this year's rally.

If you participated last year you may remember it was a bit hectic towards the end as there was a huge participation and we had a schedule to keep. We're going to look at things a bit differently this years and try and make some changes to the format so that we get the same benefits without some of the rush and crowding.

In order to figure that out though we need to know who's going to participate, which brings me to the point of this thread. If you'd like to be included please post:

1. If you'd like to show your rig off
2. If you'd like to be included in touring everyone else's rigs
Old 04-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Last year we did a bit of an open house tour of everyone (that was interested in participating)'s rig. It was a lot of fun and very informative for both getting to know the brand and models better as well as seeing all the creative aftermarket modifications performed by owners. So with that we're going to bring it back for this year's rally.

If you participated last year you may remember it was a bit hectic towards the end as there was a huge participation and we had a schedule to keep. We're going to look at things a bit differently this years and try and make some changes to the format so that we get the same benefits without some of the rush and crowding.

In order to figure that out though we need to know who's going to participate, which brings me to the point of this thread. If you'd like to be included please post:

We definitely want to participate.

1. We'd be happy to show our 30FW but ours doesn't have any customization. If there are other 30FWs on the tour with mods, ours might just be redundant.

2. We definitely would like to tour all the rigs.
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
Commercial Member

I'm going to need a list of who has treats? so #3

Last year there was some fine pastries, mimosas's etc, but I think I arrived too late. Not that it will influence my decisions to tour, but it will strongly influence my decision on what rigs to tour

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:42 AM   #4

1&2 for us.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm going to need a list of who has treats? so #3

Last year there was some fine pastries, mimosas's etc, but I think I arrived too late. Not that it will influence my decisions to tour, but it will strongly influence my decision on what rigs to tour
Oooh good call. Forgot to mention that, but some of the owners provided breakfast treats which was a huge hit.

We're going to move this a bit later in the day as there was a surprising amount of pushback on starting early so maybe some lunch, desert, adult beverage? treats would be in order this time.

It was a huge hit so something to consider. Definitely not mandatory though.

Edit: also I vote we keep the treats a secret so as to entice everyone to visit wouldn't want everybody just hanging at one rig afterall...
Old 04-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #6

Planning to do this on Friday or Saturday?
Old 04-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #7

so when and where is the dynamax rally . not listed on frog event page

Ken and Denise new SOB Imagine2019 2850mk 2017 Ram 2500 ctd.
previous 2015 shamrock23s,2015 Ram Eco diesel
previous 1997 coleman highlander pup,1994 35rb Vectra,diesel,2007 Fleetwood arcadia pup.2005 ram
kennyairport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyairport View Post
so when and where is the dynamax rally . not listed on frog event page
This is not an official Frog Event. It is just a few Dynamax owners that have set it up. The information is at the top of the Dynamax forum page, sticky about the East Coast Rally in June.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #9

Put me down for 1 and 2. Not that we have anything to show off, lol. I just love to talk about our rig and talk about everyone else's. Thats why were are there right?
Old 04-17-2019, 01:34 PM   #10
Commercial Member

We're down for 1 & 2. No mods, but we will have the new 34KD with the black out package and magnetic paint. Along with the new camera system, new upgrade sound (so far it was really nice) and whatever else I could add.

Also, a new Rigid Core LV Tile flooring that we are testing out. Stuff is like 1/2" thick LVT with crushed rock in the middle or something. We froze it, then heated it and it is super stable. Didn't shrink or expand any more than ceramic tile.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #11

Nothing to show here except Disney nonsense, but happy to show it and we want to tour other rigs also.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Mine will also have the metal bunk railing that was inspired by your wood version. So we can show the fruits of the labor.

Old 04-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #13

also I vote we keep the treats a secret so as to entice everyone to visit wouldn't want everybody just hanging at one rig afterall...
So it would be wrong for me to mention the free beer and hot wings at your placeI wish I wouldn't have slept through the open house last year, Have fun and maybe I will have one to show off next year!
Old 04-17-2019, 05:20 PM   #14

Quote:

We are good with the 1& 2 groups,[emoji484] did I hear Bloody Mary's at 8am?

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
Planning to do this on Friday or Saturday?
Halla is putting the finishing touches on the agenda but I believe Sunday late morning/early afternoon is the thinking.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We're down for 1 & 2. No mods, but we will have the new 34KD with the black out package and magnetic paint. Along with the new camera system, new upgrade sound (so far it was really nice) and whatever else I could add.

Also, a new Rigid Core LV Tile flooring that we are testing out. Stuff is like 1/2" thick LVT with crushed rock in the middle or something. We froze it, then heated it and it is super stable. Didn't shrink or expand any more than ceramic tile.
I'm glad to hear this. I'm so intrigued by LVT. Put it down in one of bathrooms In remodeling as a test as well. Though it doesn't sound as nice as this stuff. Can't wait to see this unit.

And for everybody that doesn't think they have anything special... even just showing the different models and floor plans is great for a lot of the people.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #17

We are in for both 1&2.
Not many mods but we will be arriving from our scheduled visit with the Dynamax Service crew so at least it will be fixed and tidy! :-)
Old 04-17-2019, 08:28 PM   #18
Team Watts

Send a message via AIM to TeamWatts
We are in

We are in for both 1&2
Chuck, Army (Ret) & Patricia, Barber
TeamWatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #19

Put us in for both 1 & 2
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:14 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
I'm glad to hear this. I'm so intrigued by LVT. Put it down in one of bathrooms In remodeling as a test as well. Though it doesn't sound as nice as this stuff. Can't wait to see this unit.

And for everybody that doesn't think they have anything special... even just showing the different models and floor plans is great for a lot of the people.
We have avoided it for a while. We used to use it, but these things are exposed to crazy temps it expands and contracts too much. Plus the claims of water proof were not so much. So I give a sample piece to my tech every time we get one to try. He marks it, freezes it, then heats it to about 140. We have had some pieces move 3/8" in a 9" piece. Then he soaks them in water, most of them are pretty flexible and thin. This is the Floorte by Shaw. It is pretty rigid (has a very thick core) and after the temp tests, it didn't even move the thickness of a pencil. Soaked in water, no issue. It has a rubber back (instead of cork) so is 100% water proof, still has "some" flex and has a tapered edge so there are grout lines.